Lewis Mortimer

Jun 23, 2018
Mecool M8S Pro W Android Box No Print Settings
Hi I have recently attempted to turn a Mecool M8S Pro W TV box into a mini PC. The box is the 2GB/16GB model with the Amlogic 905 chipset and performs well. Attached to a 24” HDMI monitor, wired keyboard/mouse and using the Microsoft Launcher I have managed to turn the device into a respectable mini PC except for one thing – The lack of Print Settings in the Android Settings.
The box is running Android 7.1.1 with a slightly modded version from the box manufacturer. The build No is M8S Pro W 7.1.1 NHG47L 20180307.153813.V0213. The build is virtually indistingusibale between stock android except for the lack of Print Settings. I have installed Google Cloud Print Client and the Cannon Print Client as I have a Cannon Printer. I have also installed the Cannon Printer App.
Whilst I can print saved documents, pdfs and images from the Cannon Printer App I have found I cant print directly from Apps such as MS Word/Excel, Smart Office, PDF Viewer, and my email Apps. To print I have to save any document, goto the Canon Print app and select the document to print.
As there are no Print Settings in the main Android System Settings I believe I am not able to enable the native print function. As a result when I say try to print from Word a message appears saying “Preparing document to Print” but nothing else happens. know other people have experienced similar issues but I cant seem to find a solution. Is there anyway I can add the Print Settings option like you find on stock Android.
If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The only thing I can think of right now is that word is set up to do background printing.
You can check this by going into word
and disable the Print in background option if it is set. The windows word path is File> Option> Advance> uncheck the option Print in background under Print section. Don't know if that is the same as the android version.
Try it and see if it works. Report bsck on progress.
You could also check with the box supplier (as this is the user forum for boxes supplied by droidbox) as they may better understand how their boxes are configured.