Avcisme

Jun 3, 2018
I have a mini m8s pro box (T95n) I updated the firmware it restarted and seemed ok until it comes up with a white message that says BoardTest not founded. Insert u disk to install boardtest
The remote won’t work I have a mouse that can work the pointer moves but it won’t let you select anything I tried to reset the box with a toothpick that won’t do anything can anybody help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Not sure if this is a Droidbox supplied box. Did you apply a supplier authorised firmware update? Can you contact the box supplier for advice?

Avcisme

Jun 3, 2018
I didn’t get the box from droidbox had a hard time finding firmware most firmware for a 905x wouldn’t work had to find one that worked with a p212 motherboard

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sometimes the volume keys on the remote control navigate the boot options so you could try that.
Did you by any chance create a recovery image before tinkering with the firmware update as you might find that useful if you have truly bricked the box?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Maybe you could borrow a remote from a pal and see if that works? I think they are fairly generic I/r devices.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
How about a USB keyboard? If that didn't work in the recovery menu, you could search for a recovery firmware for the 905x, or maybe see if flashing via USB cable (might show as an OTG socket in the manual) was possible, if you could get the right firmware files (IMG rather than ZIP).