B

BubbleHeed

Hi
Can anyone shed light on why the Misc folder is this size ?
Its in Settings Mbox ..Other ... More Settings...Storage .
Was just having a dig around when I spotted this ..... is it a problem or should I just ignore it?

Cheers

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
That's the files your wizard has used. If you go to the ES file Explorer, the go to tools and run the SD card analyser it will show you. Normally under Android....as long as you have more than 500MB in available you should be fine, below this you can get errors like Kodi not opening.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Blackisheep

Teleport

Aug 7, 2015
London
David,

I'm currently using an SD card to store my background pictures in OpenElec, as I can't
seem to find a way to use OpenElec's file manager to move them to internal storage.

Is the OpenElec Partition visible to ES File Explorer in Android?
If so, what would be the best location form me to copy the file to, so that their easily
available to OpenElec's File Manager, please?

I'd like to do this so I don't have to leave the SD card sticking out the side of the T8-S.

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Re move files when in openELEC
Two choices that are relatively easy...
1) Use Kodi's File Manager. See http://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
The one thing you'll need to remember is there won't be a copy/move type command in the context menu (see that link) until there is a suitable location navigated to in the other pane.

20151001_112104_0.png

(I forgot to do this just now and couldn't at first work out why there was no Copy/Move command!)

2) Samba share - Unless you disabled it during initial set up, your T8-S's file system is accessible when in openELEC via SMB. Open Windows' File Explorer (Hold down the Windows flag on your keyboard and tap E) then expand the Network section. It should fine your T8-S if your home network isn't blocking anything. You can cut/copy/paste/delete from here
upload_2015-10-1_11-27-8.png

( 3) You could also use something like Bitvise's SSH client or similar and connect that (terminal, FTP etc) )

=-=-=-=-=-
A little redundant given the above, but I'm not sure where the openELEC partition/data is found when in Android. If I don't post back by Monday and you're still interested, give me a poke please.