Steve Fish

Apr 24, 2017
How are you all getting on with Mobdro tonight. I m not being blocked so either I have found a solution which I will share with you.....or virgin media are randomly failing to block on this occassion. How are you all getting on tonight? Anyone blocked on Virgin?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
They have either forgotten or mobdro have done something to hide their ip address as i can see it as well.

xpeterpx

Apr 23, 2017
Not with VM but Sky and its working fine for me. Has been all weekend so far..
What would have been your solution?

Steve Fish

Apr 24, 2017
I recently upped my broadband power with Virgin. They sell me better streaming and then attempt to block my streaming. Isnt that like selling someone a car and then trying to tell them where to drive it. They never told me you will have better streaming but you will be restricted as to where you can go. Isnt that a miss sale?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
All the major isp's are blocking, either under orders of the epl in the case of football or the film copyright chasers in the case of kodi (primewire, icefilms, movies25 etc, etc).
Virgin are no better or worse than the other major isps in this respect. There's always ways around. Even cheapo free vpns from google play circumvent the blocking. Better options if you are willing to pay for subscription vpns.
Thats the price we all pay for hacking free content. If you ain't happy pay the man the money!

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Totally agree. I have not yet experienced any blocking from VM but sometime I am sure it will happen - then I will look at VPN.

Steve Fish

Apr 24, 2017
It has nothing to do with Premium or otherwise. Tonight I was able to watch Sky Sports via E/E mobile data on my phone but it was coming up as unavailable via WIFI which is through Virgin media. It looks like Virgin are blocking so I need to sack them off!!

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Avoid the above link posted by jinta roy.
Takes you to some bogus mobdro site.
Only use the officisl site or get the version from the droidbox market.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It has nothing to do with Premium or otherwise. Tonight I was able to watch Sky Sports via E/E mobile data on my phone but it was coming up as unavailable via WIFI which is through Virgin media. It looks like Virgin are blocking so I need to sack them off!!
Correct.
You will need a VPN to circumvent blocking I think or try one of the kodi addons which seemed to work ok today

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Remember that a good paid VPN Service doesn't just unrestrict URL etc, it also creates an encrypted tunnel between you and your destination. This gives added security benefits as well as helps to prevent Spying or hacking. Even your ISP cant snoop on you, so its worth thinking about if your concerned about these issues.

I use a VPN always. Its worth the trade off on speed, but its enough for streaming and browsing etc.