Goldfinger37

Dec 28, 2015
Hi, I have 4 x T8-S Plus boxes, on 2 of them sometimes when they are booted up and they display the home screen they play a shrill musical sound as though you have run your fingers over the high notes on a piano, through the television speakers, I wondered why does that happen, I have checked the sound settings and the digital sound settings on all 4 boxes and they are all set the same, anyone else experience this or any thoughts on it.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
That's the default notification ringtone (pixie dust) go into settings/more settings/sound&notification/notification access to choose how these notifications are read and dealt with am using the tools section in clean master to turn these off and you can also just quieten them. Hope this helps

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Was doing my head in too Dave as I new it was notifications sound but wasn't sure how to sort em with the new lollipop firmware, was easy enough with the kitkat. Same as all new f/w's will take some getting used to;)

Reactions: David Savage

Goldfinger37

Dec 28, 2015
Hi sean99, thanks for the reply, any thoughts on what the notification sound would be relating to though, is it maybe telling me it's finished booting up, or is it indicating that something hasn't booted up correctly?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
The notification sound for example would be for an app in google play that an update has come out for (say es file explorer) these are nothing to do with booting up Goldfinger37. We used to get the same sound on the older firmware but you could see the notifications in the top left corner that you could drag down and either update or dismiss it. The sound is nothing to worry about and can easily be turned off.

Goldfinger37

Dec 28, 2015
Thank you sean99, As you can probably tell I'm on a learning curve with this latest box and the new firmware, I just like to fully understand what is going on with it. Many thanks for taking time to help me sean99 and I hope you have a great night tonight and a Happy New Year to you.

Goldfinger37

Dec 28, 2015
Sorry sean99, one last question, where do I find Clean Master.......you mentioned that you used the tools section in it to turn the notifications off or to quieten them. Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Your very welcome Goldfinger37 and all the best for the new year to you and everyone else on the forum:) Clean master can be found on the google play store or in the Droidbox market.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ps you need to follow my 1st post of this thread before you go into clean master.