MurdoD

Aug 15, 2016
I have a new MXQPro box which I am mostly happy with however Kodi is acting very strange.

Whilst watching a stream, it will suddenly zoom in. So I go to video settings, calibrate, save for all, that fixes it.. short term!

Quit kodi.. start it up.. all looks OK. Start watching a stream, same again.. randomly zooms in!

I have tried screen calibration in kodi, tried turning off resolution auto detect in Android settings, uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled latest 16.1 Jarvis, nothing has made any difference.

I have another mBox android tv box on a different HDMI channel and it works perfectly. I did have to calibrate the screen first run but it has never had this issue in Kodi.

At a loss with this.. should I try an older Kodi?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
When you start watching something press the OK on the remote. Then go to the movie reel icon or eye icon if you are on a build. Then at the top make sure it's set to normal and scroll down and set to default. This is were you can change picture size if a program is in letter box. See if this helps

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Make sure as well where you turned auto detect off in Android setting, you select a picture setting to. If your TV can handle 1080 @ 60hz set it to this. Good luck

Last edited:

MurdoD

Aug 15, 2016
It was already on

Normal
Zoom 1.00
Pixel Ratio 1.00

Also noticed that when it zooms, if I press OK to bring up playback controls and then close the menu it's fine again...

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Use live chat on droidboxs main site, you might need your purchase details so they can help. You can also email them to using the contact us at the bottom of the page, but it might take longer :D

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
First thing to do is head to Android's Settings, turn off automatic HDMI mode selection, then manually set it to (for example) 1080 @ 60Hz (or whichever resolution is native to your TV).
Next up, check the Aspect Ratio in use (could be under a different name) on your TV, double check there isn't anything like Smart Zoom or similar enabled.
Might also be worth checking whether DBMC does the same thing (if the above didn't help). I've not got an iMXQpro with me, but if you want to try DBMC and don't have it installed already, the DroidBOX Market app can grab it for you. For anyone without the DroidBOX Market, https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-market/ has a link.

MurdoD

Aug 15, 2016
The only way I could get a stable picture (without randomly zooming in) was to use an old version of Kodi. Anything newer than 15.1 does it... 15.1 is perfectly stable!

I've just downloaded the 1.2 OTA update, I'll see what that does...