Rangerton

Jul 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I got my new T8 box from you today and I've just entered my username and password to get the droidbox wizard. The only packs there for me to open in the wizard are Droidbox confluence skin addon pack, the Droidbox Modded confluence skin addon pack, the x rated and the Kodi keyboard fix.
Being new to this box, and not techy minded, which do I download? where are the packs with the TV, movie and sport addons?

thanks for any help
Rangerton

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi if it's a T8 go for the confluence mod, please after you click let it finish then you get a message click ok then unplug the power cord, wait then plug back in. This helps it install, now go to xbmc click on it and wait 15mins so it finishes updating the add-ons. Good luck

Rangerton

Jul 23, 2014
ok thanks for the fast reply David, I will do as you say tomorrow when I get a chance.

Thanks again
Rangerton

Rangerton

Jul 23, 2014
ok done as you suggested David, and all looks to be working ok so far.

thanks again for the help, and all keep up the good work it is appreciated
Rangerton

Reactions: David Savage

Rangerton

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks David, hopefully I will enjoy it as soon as I can sort out the buffering issues. Watching the Barcelona vs Man city as I write and it's been stop start all the way through, no matter which add on I try. It even happens watching in sd. I have just watched about 10 minutes on my laptop, using the same wifi, and ran like a dream, never stopped once, while on my tv using my T8 it was un-watchable.

Any Ideas/help would be most appreciated

thanks
Rangerton

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
I have similar issues with my box.......watching on T8=stop start stop start= very annoying. Yet on laptop no such problems.
I wonder if its to do with the fact that the T8 box only gives me no more than 40mbps(wired or wireless) using the speed test app.
There are 5 living at my house and the kids are watching vids etc on their ipads or on xbox live etc etc......But i have VM 152mbps internet which is more than enough to handle all those things at once.
On the laptop using the same speed test app im regularly getting between 80-150mbps depending on the time of day.
So i presume that the T8 or all of the android boxes in general are limited in some way as to the download speed they can kick out.....is it the firmware or the actual hardware in the boxes???
I hope this issue can be addressed soon. As from what ive been reading, no one is getting much higher than 40mbps, or am i wrong?
Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be honest it is more likely to be server load. Especially on live football. And of course when the US gets online movies will get hit. 3Mbps is enough for sd, 8mbps for hd. So 40mbps is well enough. Btw i "only" get 40mbps on my ipad on a 152mbps line. My laptop and android phone return results much closer to the max for some strange reason though.

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
To be honest it is more likely to be server load. Especially on live football. And of course when the US gets online movies will get hit. 3Mbps is enough for sd, 8mbps for hd. So 40mbps is well enough. Btw i "only" get 40mbps on my ipad on a 152mbps line. My laptop and android phone return results much closer to the max for some strange reason though.
Yes thats what i mean.....how come the android phone and laptop get really good speed?
I know i say "only" 40mbps and thats good i know......but just wondered why the T8 "only" gives between 30-40?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You're never going to see anything like 40Mbps used on SD streams. Even 720HD.
Uncompressed BluRay video can be up to 43Mbps, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_high_definition_optical_disc_formats#Technical_details . Given that all online videos are compressed with codecs (and not necessarily 1080p with surround sound), you're fine.
Check out https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/march-2015-droidbox-live-sport-film-tv-series-links/ for our current recommendations, as well as those David mentioned
The T8's WiFi chips don't perform as well as some others, but in terms of when you'll use higherbandwidth, unless you're copying lots of files over your LAN, where you're not restricted by the speed of an external server on the internet, you'll not come across scenarioas where this is an issue in itself.