Help please with T8 first post

• Any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JanEU

May 20, 2015
Hi I have a T8 that I bought from DRoidsticks and I am problems with it, we install then we watch movies through KOdi, I clear the cache, I press menu and hold it down and the rocket appears clearing space, I uninstall apps I don't need such as FAcebook, but no matter what I do the storage shows as the being full the misc files and apps then aka odd goes off and I catch watch any movies, then I have to reinstall from scratch again and this is the third time it has happened, I only want to watch movies, but I just keep having the same problems with storage, please can anyone help and please put it easy terms as some of the threads when I have looked I don't understand?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi I have a T8 that I bought from DRoidsticks and I am problems with it, we install then we watch movies through KOdi, I clear the cache, I press menu and hold it down and the rocket appears clearing space, I uninstall apps I don't need such as FAcebook, but no matter what I do the storage shows as the being full the misc files and apps then aka odd goes off and I catch watch any movies, then I have to reinstall from scratch again and this is the third time it has happened, I only want to watch movies, but I just keep having the same problems with storage, please can anyone help and please put it easy terms as some of the threads when I have looked I don't understand?

Something that you can do is installing the Android Assistant,and there you can clear cashe,do system clear and also see the memory usage.
Also,you can go to the scan folder and you can see data files,and there you can easily delete files that are not needed .
Also something that you can use is es file explorer,where you can under tools check the box where it says show hidden files,and then you can see hidden files in the file directories and also how large they are.
Please message us back if you need more assistance!!
Regards

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
The best solution can only be provided by droidsticks.co.uk as the device is from them not from us.

JanEU

May 20, 2015
Something that you can do is installing the Android Assistant,and there you can clear cashe,do system clear and also see the memory usage.
Also,you can go to the scan folder and you can see data files,and there you can easily delete files that are not needed .
Also something that you can use is es file explorer,where you can under tools check the box where it says show hidden files,and then you can see hidden files in the file directories and also how large they are.
Regards
Hi will have a go at your suggestions. When you go in to settings, storage the bar that at the top shows all yellow for apps completely fills the space up, rebooted yesterday will try your ideas as I have only the box at couple of months my neighbour has the t8 and his storage bar is normal only with a bit of yellow for apps in it

JanEU

May 20, 2015
Hi will have a go at your suggestions. When you go in to settings, storage the bar that at the top shows all yellow for apps completely fills the space up, rebooted yesterday will try your ideas as I have only the box at couple of months my neighbour has the t8 and his storage bar is normal only with a bit of yellow for apps in it
Regards
Regards
Regards
please can you tell me where the scan folder is and ex file explorer thank you

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
please can you tell me where the scan folder is and ex file explorer thank you
Es file explorer comes by default in droidbox.
If you use es file explorer,under tools,you can check show hidden files and search for large files(cashe on unused/deleted apps)and delete it.
Much more simple method is to download android assistant
When you open android assistant,you go to tools>system clear>files clean,and then you see folders with different type of media and their size.
If you see some big file and you dont know its extension,just delete it and no worries.

JanEU

May 20, 2015
Es file explorer comes by default in droidbox.
If you use es file explorer,under tools,you can check show hidden files and search for large files(cashe on unused/deleted apps)and delete it.
Much more simple method is to download android assistant
When you open android assistant,you go to tools>system clear>files clean,and then you see folders with different type of media and their size.
If you see some big file and you dont know its extension,just delete it and no worries.
Hi sorry Ito appear thick but where is the tools located is it in settings?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi sorry Ito appear thick but where is the tools located is it in settings?
When you open android assistant,you have 3 tabs,monitoring is first,process is second,and tools are third.
In android assistant you swipe to change options/enter menu in most cases!

JanEU

May 20, 2015
When you open android assistant,you have 3 tabs,monitoring is first,process is second,and tools are third.
In android assistant you swipe to change options/enter menu in most cases!
Sorry but I can't find android assistant to follow the path you mentioned, I switch on my box then I get the home page is it on there it says online video my apps settings etc?

JanEU

May 20, 2015
Hi I have watched the video on Setting Up Your T8 (For Recent Purchases) (Video) my box is not like this even though it's a new T8 on the video it shows connecting the wifi and then you have a screen with xmbc etc mine does not have this so could this be where my files are that you describe but I don't have, mine just has kodi, my apps,etc I only bought it a couple of months ago and it has never that initial set up screen on it, Many thanks for your help

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi I have watched the video on Setting Up Your T8 (For Recent Purchases) (Video) my box is not like this even though it's a new T8 on the video it shows connecting the wifi and then you have a screen with xmbc etc mine does not have this so could this be where my files are that you describe but I don't have, mine just has kodi, my apps,etc I only bought it a couple of months ago and it has never that initial set up screen on it, Many thanks for your help
Some of our devices have different firmwares .
When it comes to android assistant,this is the app that i was talking about,and this is link to the app that you need to download
It may look little different on droidbox,but still at the core its the same app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.advancedprocessmanager&hl=en
And as you can see from screenshots,you go to system clear>files clean.
They change the interface from time to time!!!