Paul47

Oct 24, 2017
I have a droidbox t8s plus v2 I have no problems with kodi but netflix just won't work coming up with various errors Google play says the app is not compatible with your device and the droidbox market version is hopeless doesn't work I had a version 1 box before hand it worked great on netflix any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you saying that you cannot install Netflix from the play store? Or are there some other errors? Can you elaborate?
If the former, then as Fritz 69 says, searching for the apk on a mirror apk site maybe the best option but make sure you scan for malware (e.g. with malware bytes). What is wrong with the droidbox version - can you state version number and whatever the error is? They may be able to fix it.

Paul47

Oct 24, 2017
Yes netflix will not install from the play store it says this device is not compatible have tried side loading the apk but when you try to play a movie it starts then stops with a message sorry we could not reach the netflix service please try again later if the problem persists please visit the netflix website (0013) so we have a media streaming box that can't even use netflix beginning to wish I had bought something better.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If the issue is that the netflix software developers have developed a newer version of the app that does not work on rooted devices then that will apply to most media players (most android boxes are rooted) apart from the mainstream branded ones (e.g.roku media streamers, fire sticks, most tablets etc).
So I don't know what you will find better unless you buy one of those types of machine.
Most people will be buying android boxes for the myriad of subscription free movie apps and kodi addons.
In the meantime you could search for an older version of the netflix app before the root restriction was applied or worst case try unrooting your box if you are confident you can do that.

Paul47

Oct 24, 2017
well tried a few versions and none seem to to work the last one I have just tried is 4.10.3 build 11151 I have all the kodi addons but the children use Netflix safer and easier I had the version 1 of this box and netfix worked fine but the box was slow to use so I bought the version 2 lot faster with kodi but just refuses to work with Netflix for some reason.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The reason why it doesnt work has been explained. The netflix developers incorporated code to prevent the app running on rooted boxes.

You can read why here:
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-download-and-use-netflix-on-a-rooted-smartphone

A version installed on a machine prior to the change will continue to work as it does on your older machine. Some links to working versions are included in the above link.

You could use a kodi fork e.g. dbmc for your kids, ensuring that only child friendly addons are loaded.
This can co-exist alongside a version of vanilla kodi for your use.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ive never had any luck with Netflix Addons at all. I gave up. Im not fussed really as there is all the content available on other addons with less hassle.
Good Luck

Paul47

Oct 24, 2017
yes I see have tried loads of versions it seems the older the better I can get some movies to play but not all its pot luck version 5.05 build 16199 will play some while others say there is a problem playing this video.please try again (5.2) any links to any older versions at least getting somewhere with it .

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
yes I see have tried loads of versions it seems the older the better I can get some movies to play but not all its pot luck version 5.05 build 16199 will play some while others say there is a problem playing this video.please try again (5.2) any links to any older versions at least getting somewhere with it .
Hi

You can try 4.8.7 build 9783.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netfl...etflix-4-8-7-build-9783-android-apk-download/

It should work without any problems.

Regards

vlada

Jun 6, 2016
Have same problem as above. Loaded 4-8-7 but no HD or 4k resolution. Higher versions do not work giving 0013 error. Are there any other options available ? I really do not want to un-root the box.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
HD/4K won't work on most Android boxes. Netflix needs to approve the hardware (I believe the manufacturer also has to pay a fee for certification??) before they allow HD/UltraHD streams. They won't do this.

Bonita Red

Jan 7, 2016
Brand new box. Pre loaded Netflix loads then defaults to a black screen before signing in,. Tried uninstalling and loading the older version recommended here but still exactly the same problem. Please tell me if this is an insurmountable problem. It’s not the biggest deal but need to move on if that’s the outcome. Thanks