L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I have a bit of a problem & I wondered if you are able to advise at all please? I have no settings option in my master user profile. I think that the master user profile is using the aeon skin (it has a picture of a mixing desk for the system menu & the Disney castle for the family & kids menu). There appears to no way whatsoever that I can get to settings. The only way that I have been able to reach settings Is by creating a 2nd profile (which defaults to the confluence skin). Do you have any ideas at all please?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Unless you've spent a lot of time personalizing settings, I'd start afresh. If you wipe XBMC's data, then you can maybe set up a temporary test profile. Use this one to play with skins and settings, once you're happy with how everything looks, you can apply just the alterations you need to the Master profile.
Resetting XBMC To A "Just Installed" State
Then of course re-running the Wizard - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-oct-2014/
Thank you very much for that. I will give it a go this evening. I have done very few customisations as I have only had the box for 24 hours. I suspect it is the skin that has caused the problem & if I do get it back to square one then I won't be using anything but Confluence as a skin. I'll let you know how I get on.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I did it but no change. The only way I am able to get to settings still has been to create a 2nd profile & use that. There is still no settings option within system.

GavC

Nov 4, 2014
Do you meant the SYSTEM tab on home screen? Try the star or operate icons down at bottom left of page (presuming this is droid box x7) thats how i got back in to settings to then edit the skin to make 'system' tab visible again

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Do you meant the SYSTEM tab on home screen? Try the star or operate icons down at bottom left of page (presuming this is droid box x7) thats how i got back in to settings to then edit the skin to make 'system' tab visible again

Hi Guys, It's an M8 box. I tried the star thing that Gav mentioned but that just brought up a list of favourites. Under systems I have video add ons, Program add ons, Log-in, add on browser, Total installer, Super search but no settings. This is the screen that I am on:

IMG_1818[1].JPG

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Rather than clicking on anything below System, what happens when you JUST click the System entry? My screen looks the same, and when I click on System, I get taken to System>Settings.
Sorry if I've misunderstood, and thanks for the screenshot, at least we know we're in the same approx location.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Rather than clicking on anything below System, what happens when you JUST click the System entry? My screen looks the same, and when I click on System, I get taken to System>Settings.
Sorry if I've misunderstood, and thanks for the screenshot, at least we know we're in the same approx location.

Bingo. That was the answer. I was trying to use the System tabs rather than selecting system itself. Case closed. Thank you very much for clearing that up. Now I have discovered it, it feels like a bit of a "DOH!" moment.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm glad it was that simple! I'm still playing with this newer version of the Confluence skin, trying to see what makes sense to customize. If my kids had there way, every menu, sub-menu and shortcut would be taken up with Robocar Poli, Dora The Explorer and the like! (I have at least managed to convince them that Mr Ben, Roobarb and Custard & Mr Men are worth watching...)

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I'm glad it was that simple! I'm still playing with this newer version of the Confluence skin, trying to see what makes sense to customize. If my kids had there way, every menu, sub-menu and shortcut would be taken up with Robocar Poli, Dora The Explorer and the like! (I have at least managed to convince them that Mr Ben, Roobarb and Custard & Mr Men are worth watching...)

My 2 absolutely love Worzel Gummidge, although I have to say they quite liked "the legend" that is Mr Ben.