L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I saw a post yesterday saying that a new Droidbox update was available. This might be a silly question but how do I get it so that I have the new features/additions on my M8 box? Do I need to navigate somewhere, do I need a file ...... what do I need to do?

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Ok. I have managed to run the update & all seems ok apart from the fact that Mash-up has stopped working again. How do I fix it? Any ideas please?

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Someone told me that they had run the update & mashup worked fine. They suggested that I try to reinstall it. I did this & got the following screen:

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 197

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I answered "no" to the question in the picture above. I then unplugged the box & it struggled to restart, after about 4 reboot cycles I managed to run XBMC. I went to mashup & got the Goodbye screen. The Mashup fix is no longer in the Wizard screen. Any sugestions as to where I can go from here?

Attachments

• IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 172

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Here is a screenshot of mashup which is from Gotham that I downloaded earlier. Not sure what's going on with yours but I'm sure SilentlyScreaming will have a good idea. photo.JPG

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I really hope so Paul :( I can't even get into XBMC, the box is just rebooting all of the time. I can't use it as it is.

Last edited:

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
After a very late night & 5 re-installs I think it is sorted. Got my fingers crossed anyway.

gez18

Sep 9, 2014
Do ne of u guys still have the androidsticks wizard which puts the funky skin on ure box... Mines just gone back to the old droidsticks wizard and won't change it.... Someone help me get it back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
@L33 Rym glad you got it sorted. I have found that the Confluence Mod skin can cause a kick out from XBMC which takes my Q7 back to the on screen apps page. I've changed mine back to Confluence and it starts up fine now.

Reactions: ChrisM

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
@L33 Rym glad you got it sorted. I have found that the Confluence Mod skin can cause a kick out from XBMC which takes my Q7 back to the on screen apps page. I've changed mine back to Confluence and it starts up fine now.

Thanks Paul. Mine just started randomly rebooting today. I was using it for about 2 hours & it rebooted 5 times. Support recommend that I do a factory reset so I am on with that now.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Hi, Yes it did, Factory Reset, wizard re installation & skin change to Confluence & all now seems fine thank you.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We have a varied staff at DroidBOX. This means we sometimes have different opinions. For customers that like the new skin, and enjoy using it, I'm glad it is easily made available via our Wizard. For anyone else, I'm happy to recommend switching to the original Confluence skin as a first step. I replied to the other related thread, in case you see this page before your other.
gez18, last I checked (a few hours ago), the DroidBOX Wizard still installed the newer Confluence Customizable Mod skin. Don't forget to check XBMC>System>Appearance>Skin to see which can be selected.