stuart taylor

Nov 18, 2015
Hi

I have been running the black box set up on my new t8 plus box in Linux and android side by side
and my first impressions of Linux are not good, firstly the Linux version fails to find streams when the android version has no problem secondly when exiting a stream on Linux there is a 2 second delay followed by a final slight burst of audio I am seriously thinking of returning it and sticking with my t8 not good to tbh

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi

I have been running the black box set up on my new t8 plus box in Linux and android side by side
and my first impressions of Linux are not good, firstly the Linux version fails to find streams when the android version has no problem secondly when exiting a stream on Linux there is a 2 second delay followed by a final slight burst of audio I am seriously thinking of returning it and sticking with my t8 not good to tbh
Hi

Please be precise when it comes to naming box model

We have

T8
T8-S
T8-S Plus

not t8 plus or T8 Plus so far

Also,both android and openELEC have(linux kernel)its just that openELEC is special OS designed to run Kodi(XBMC) only,and not full desktop OS like some other GNU/linux distros are.

Regarding to your problem

Please make sure that you are using right pack for your box:

Kodi(XBMC)-Wookie retro look
DBMC-Wookie new look
OpenELEC-Apple TV pack

You can always add international and adult rated add ons

Besides this there are third party builds,and please tend to use one build at a time!

Also when it comes to several seconds delay when shutting down video,that might be the problem in hardware acceleration that is enabled,so checking it would be nice and posting which ones are the ones that are enabled?

You can find it under system>videos>acceleration or system>settings>videos>acceleration

Regards

stuart taylor

Nov 18, 2015
Hi

Sorry I didn't mention the s bit but I assumed you would realise which box I was talking about. I prefer to run my own custom builds of choice which run perfectly fine on my droid t8 box with no hassle
and have decided to return the box first thing tomorrow as it does not meet my requirements thanks for your help!

regards

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
I'm having real problems with my t8-s plus. Only got it yesterday but I haven't been able to get it anything to work yet. Kodi icon doesnt work from dashboard I have to use it from the apps list. Installed wookie wizard but nothing working. Just get the waitng screen or when I do get a movie to work it buffers then kicks me out. Tried openelc and it won't let me install wookie wizard, just says working then nothing happens. Google play store hangs on checking info and CPU and memory always sitting above 50% regardless of what I'm doing.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

Try to to run OTA updater, from Home Screen go into Apps(Circle with six dots) then open OTA updater and update your device.
Once the update is done it will reboot your system and will take you to Home Screen then wait for some time(15 mins) and let the Apps update.
After that run the PlayStore and it should work.

After updating your device follow the below video to install Wookie wizard:

Hope it helps you out.

Reactions: Sal

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
Thank you this seems to have resolved most of my issues. Virgin media also had a part to play so after searching your how to section I read about the router firewall and the virus safe settings. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: David Savage

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Did you solve the Google play issue womble? I'm having the same problem, also have virgin Internet actually if that was the problem for you?

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
Did you solve the Google play issue womble? I'm having the same problem, also have virgin Internet actually if that was the problem for you?

Yes that solved it. U need to disable the firewall on the superhub by living into the routed settings page. Once this is done then you have to logon to the virgin media website and GOTO apps. Look for virus safe then turn it on then off. This should then let ur updater pickup the new update. Hope that makes sense heh

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Yes that solved it. U need to disable the firewall on the superhub by living into the routed settings page. Once this is done then you have to logon to the virgin media website and GOTO apps. Look for virus safe then turn it on then off. This should then let ur updater pickup the new update. Hope that makes sense heh
It does make sense yes I've done it though and still not picking up on the update :( so frustrated!

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
Literally have never bothered with router settings since getting virgin, only just disabled firewall to try and access this update? Could you explain please? And thanks for replying!

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
No thats good. Mac filtering would block your box so its good its not done.

I wouldn't recommend it but you could try putting your box in the router DMZ.

Attachments

• DMZ.jpg
    DMZ.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 170

Aromaticmist

Dec 20, 2015
I wouldn't want to attempt it if you don't recommend it lol I can't help but think I've overlooked something or there's something slight I've missed somewhere along the lines? Driving me potty!

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
It doesn't sound like your router or ISP then. And you have tried the most likely causes. See if one of the admins can help as it may be an issue with the updater itself.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I'm having real problems with my t8-s plus. Only got it yesterday but I haven't been able to get it anything to work yet. Kodi icon doesnt work from dashboard I have to use it from the apps list. Installed wookie wizard but nothing working. Just get the waitng screen or when I do get a movie to work it buffers then kicks me out. Tried openelc and it won't let me install wookie wizard, just says working then nothing happens. Google play store hangs on checking info and CPU and memory always sitting above 50% regardless of what I'm doing.
Hi

Please run OTA updater and update your box.

If you are having ethernet cable conencted,please either use wifi for update or in top right corner options tick off wifi so download could start.

After downloading and applying of new ROM is done,if google play store still does not work that simply means that update was not applied fully so you can do factory reset and once that is done update will work in its best and google play store will work.

Regards

Reactions: TerrifiedWomble