David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry to here this, there has been problems with Openelec, which was out of droidboxs control. So they have moved to LibreELEC, which then had to be tested which takes time to iron out all the bugs.
Its only being rolled out now for the T8-S plus, so hopefully might be the T8-S next.
I know it's frustrating as I have a few boxes to. But they've aways ran great and I'm very happy with them.
So I'm happy to wait and see what's next.

Reactions: Cwse07004

Cwse07004

Aug 26, 2016
Sorry to here this, there has been problems with Openelec, which was out of droidboxs control. So they have moved to LibreELEC, which then had to be tested which takes time to iron out all the bugs.
Its only being rolled out now for the T8-S plus, so hopefully might be the T8-S next.
I know it's frustrating as I have a few boxes to. But they've aways ran great and I'm very happy with them.
So I'm happy to wait and see what's next.
Thanks for the update mate, glad to hear that an update is forthcoming

Reactions: Fritz-69

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @Minkbomb
When did you last time update your Box and what is the current ROM version of your T8-S?
and the T8-S firmware update there is no information yet from DroidBOX as per my info. If there will be anything they will definitely let everyone know through social media as well as through email.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Hello @Minkbomb
When did you last time update your Box and what is the current ROM version of your T8-S?
and the T8-S firmware update there is no information yet from DroidBOX as per my info. If there will be anything they will definitely let everyone know through social media as well as through email.

My box was updated months ago ... the ROM version is KOTH49H.20160330 ... Kernel Version 3.10.33 which looks like the end of March 2016 date.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Ok, currently there is no update available for T8-S and if there will any future update for T8-S then DBX will definitely inform you about an update.