Ds1hickey

Jan 6, 2015
My new T8 was received today. Unfortunately ive had a few problems. My internet connections fine and Im currently streaming a film. My problem is downloading the video add ons package. Ive tried tens of times with freezes from between 1%-39% at best. Is this a common problem. Is there a link issue. I was thinking try again in the morning as the rest of the box seems fine. I reset the factory settings but the download still wont work. After one of the freezes I left it for an hour but it didn't progress. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan

Judd

Dec 12, 2014
My new T8 was received today. Unfortunately ive had a few problems. My internet connections fine and Im currently streaming a film. My problem is downloading the video add ons package. Ive tried tens of times with freezes from between 1%-39% at best. Is this a common problem. Is there a link issue. I was thinking try again in the morning as the rest of the box seems fine. I reset the factory settings but the download still wont work. After one of the freezes I left it for an hour but it didn't progress. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan
Hi dan. I had this problem the other day at a friends installing his new box. Got 3or4% downloading the wizard and froze. He is on Virgin 100mb wireless up stairs room. I then unpluged took it downstairs and plugged the Ethernet cable in and wizard was done in a flash. ;-) the next day after coming to the conclusion the wireless signal just wasn't up to speed we purchased some mains Ethernet adapters £25 T link from Argos and no more problems since ;-)
Regards Justin.

Reactions: Ds1hickey

Ds1hickey

Jan 6, 2015
I had already tried the ethernet. I did again this morning. I had 600 kp/s but still froze at 30%. Thanks for your reply. Not sure if I should return the box. Just frustrated at not being able to get up and running.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Have you been clearing XBMC's data before each Wizard run? If not, please check the procedure here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/ and try that. I'm not sure right now what could be causing this. If you'd had the device for a while, I could see a full up storage system from causing an error like this. If clearing XBMC's data doesn't help, can you e-mail us please - [email protected] with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and ask us to guide you through a factory reset.

Ds1hickey

Jan 6, 2015
Ive been clearing the app data after each freeze and tried a factory reset. Ive jist tried it on my parents internet and still no better, froze at 48%.

chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Maybe try uninstalling XBMC and reinstall .Goto to file manager app in main apps. Goto to system on the left then all way down to the preinstall folder.

Ds1hickey

Jan 6, 2015
Yeah ive done this, uninstalled then reinstalled xbmc with no joy. The annoying thing is the unblock me add ons download no bother. It just froze at 26% this time!

Ds1hickey

Jan 6, 2015
Could I download the update to my computer and then put on a USB then transfer to my m8 box?

chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Problem with that is the wizards are built for the particular boxs. In the past i have attempted from windows to android and it gets very messy

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We could find a customer with a T8, ask them to run the Wizard, and then compress and transfer the new files into the XBMC data folder. If I had a T8 myself, I'd do it straight away. Hoping to sort one soon. In the mean time, perhaps post a new thread in this area asking for fellow T8 users to assist. Happy to guide anyone through the steps if needed.

chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Right having problems! Have the compressed ZIP from the XBMC folder in DATA onto USB but it "will" not copy over to my desktop?? I keep getting errors. Very odd?

I used the EZ to get the ZIP off T8. Maybe thats the problem??

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Weird. Could maybe be related to strange filenames? Possibly some of the files were in use at the time, and a clean ZIP structure couldn't be built? You could try Force Stopping XBMC first (Android Settings>Apps>XBMC>Force Stop) or just rebooting (assuming you don't have XBMC autostart) and ZIPping again.