Ange big

Mar 12, 2016
Hi , i got the droidbox last week and installed the Wookie wizard. It all worked well but when i was watching a live stream of football, it worked very well for about 40 mins then it kept freezing, the audio was fine and now every time i go to a footbalk stream it constantly freezes. I also tried kodi on a laptop and that always works fine and it on the same network. Looking for suggestions.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its the curse of football streaming rather than an issue with droidboxes or any other box. Put simply the servers from where the games are streamed get overloaded and cause buffering, freezing and poor quality. I had a fairly poor feed for swans vs bornemuff first half on uk turk then switched to phoenix valhalla for a perfect stream for second half (had to switch hardware acceleration off in kodi settings video though). Streams have generally been worse since the plp encryption change a few weeks. Perseverance and the patience to search for good quality streams is the only answer in my view.

Reactions: Ange big

Ange big

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you Nigelar, i did think that was the problem but dont understand why it worked fine on a laptop on the same network at the same time watching the same stream. I wondered if there may be a setting or something to maximise the stream?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The only thing i've found that can sometimes help is switching off hardware acceleration as mentioned in my post. That certainly helped improve the phoenix stream today. Probably not an issue for windows based laptops. Also if you can, use an ethernet connection instead of wifi.

mark davies

Feb 21, 2016
hereford
can you connect your laptop to your tv and watch kodi that way ? if laptop has a hdmi connection then that could help with your problem,try the ares football addon,works a treat for me

Ange big

Mar 12, 2016
Thanks for the advice, actually tried the ares and it worked fine without having to adjust any other settings.