Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a Droidbox and am trying to add content but have the following question. I've managed to install some add-ons however I've had a problem with 2 or 3 in that after having got as far as adding from zip file there is nothing to add and consequently I can't get to adding from repository

As I say I'm new to all of this but to those of you that have been in here for a while I expect it's something straightforward that I need to do, if so please help! thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It can depend on the add-ons.
If they are not current they may have been discontinued.
Or the repositories may be out of date.
A common error is mistyping the source name - double check in File manager.
A more foolproof method of is to use the Ares Wizard as a source for add-ons - they carry links to a good number of the better, more trusted ones.
For a total new starter you might want to load one of the many pre-prepared builds like Pulse,also available from the Ares Wizard.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
It can depend on the add-ons.
If they are not current they may have been discontinued.
Or the repositories may be out of date.
A common error is mistyping the source name - double check in File manager.
A more foolproof method of is to use the Ares Wizard as a source for add-ons - they carry links to a good number of the better, more trusted ones.
For a total new starter you might want to load one of the many pre-prepared builds like Pulse,also available from the Ares Wizard.

Many thanks Nigelar, one I was trying to add was Super Repo, any idea if that one is still available please

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Superrepo is a kind of huge repository for multiple addons. It is not an addon itself. It does not always have the latest versions of all addons either. I always install addons from the original sources to guarantee the latest versions.
You can check if superepo is up by typing the web address you have into a browser and it should return a file directory structure. (or it may be the web address was mistyped or wrong)
As a new user i recommend you use the ares wizard as per my original reply.