kelkee

May 27, 2015
Hi everyone im a newbie to the droidbox world. I was interested in possibly getting the new T8s....Is there anyone else here that have purchased from the US? give me feedback on this. I currently use Kodi from myis laptop and my Samsung Note 4.. will the box be better?

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello Kelkee... A lot of people have bought the DroidBox devices from the US and with the new release of T8S we are seeing much more customer inflow from US.

Reactions: David Savage

kelkee

May 27, 2015
I ordered the T8s and the mini keyboard...does droidbox ship these separately? i got 2 different tracking numbers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd have assumed it would be cheaper for us to send it as one package, but if there are two tracking numbers then it looks like they were split. Perhaps with certain dimension/weight combinations it makes more sense that way.

kelkee

May 27, 2015
Question...I'm not sure if I got wrong box. .I ordered the T8s but does the box have T8 on it or did I get won't box?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Look at the bottom of your T8-S.
If there are just a small line of ventilation holes on one side, it is a T8. If it has multiple holes spread over the base plate, and screw holes to hold a hard drive in, it is a T8-S.
If you open the list of all apps (six dots in a circle), if you can see switch to OpenELEC, then again it is a T8-S.

The image below is a T8-S with a hard drive screw in...
T8-SWithHardDriveAttached.jpg

Whereas a T8 looks like this
T8.jpg