Graham

Jul 26, 2014
I have been using my X7 ultimate since July and although I have had some problems this time I can't seem to sort it. None of my addons will work , no streams, script errors, no results for series I know work and unexpected page request blocked. Also when i'm using the box my tablet and laptop can't access the internet. Thinking it maybe down to IP blocking my signal I shut the box down and installed Xbmc on my tablet and using the same addon and the same stream and the same IP address everything worked perfectly so I am thinking faulty box. Tried all the obvious like clear data, uninstall Xbmc, reinstall Xbmc from droidbox. Only thing I can't do is full factory reset as I held the button underneath, reconnected power supply and turned on the box. Held the button until my hand got cramp and the light had gone out on the box but nothing except the no signal icon. Can stream from my tablet for now but need to find out if the box should be returned.

Any help appreciated

paul butler

Dec 7, 2014
Hi, Ive also been having problems with my box today. Navi X stopped working first,goes to the first screen where I can select navi x portal and then says searching and just freezes on that screen. Now trying the tv shows super search on things I know work and now that wont work either. Tried doing an uninstall/reinstall with the droid player installer and reinstalling the config package for the add ons but still no joy. unsure if it might be a generic droid box/ xbmc/ navi x problem or whether its just my box.

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
Think its a box problem but don't know if it's software or hardware. May need to flash the box but would need admin to confirm it. I'm sure that they will advise us soon.

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
Uninstalled Xbmc and reinstalled then ran the wizard. Problem has got worse, after reboot while waiting for addons to update the screen kept going black every few seconds. Exited Xbmc and the problem was still there on launcher screen. Rebooted the box which is difficult with the screen going black every few seconds but the problem was still there so I think the box will have to be returned.

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hi Graham. Please send email to [email protected] and inform the Tech people there about your issue. Tell them the procedure you have already undertaken so they can precisely advice you on what you needed to do next. You can try this procedure if you haven't tried it yet-- http://droidboxforums.com/threads/how-do-i-reset-my-droidbox-to-the-same-state-it-was-delivered.6/ . That's Factory Reset procedure for the entire device and not XBMC only. Dont forget to RUN your DroidBox Wizard again after doing that. :eek: Thanks!

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
Just in the process of replying to email from support basically explaining that I turned the box on 24 hours later and all seems to be fine. Thanks for your reply and as I explained in my email I still don't know why I had Xbmc problem ie no stream, blocked unexpected page, series search not found for things I know are there and at the same time watching the same stream using Xbmc on the same IP address on my tablet. Still had no luck with factory reset, maybe the button isn't working but all seems ok now so sorry for wasting everyone's time. Will repost thread if problem happens again. Also like Paul navi x not working, same problem but will try sorting that once I'm sure box is working properly and I am not resetting again.
Thanks again.

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
NP Graham. Navi X also is not working on my device. Problem might be the addon itself and not your device or XBMC. o_O

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
Hi jigger
Navi x problem was caused be an update release too early before testing. Uninstall Navi x then go to maintenance, add-on installer and reinstall. Just tested and works fine. X7 seems to be playing ok at the moment.

Reactions: ChrisM