Lee Dunne

Sep 20, 2014
Hi

Just received a replacement Q7 box, its loaded up fine however even though the ethernet cable is plugged in its unable to make an internet connection. I've tried turning ethernet on in the settings however even though its highlighted as ticked no IP address or other information show up. I've tried activating the wi-fi and this also does the same thing. Also even though these options are selected as on, if I leave the setting page and return they show as off?

I've had a x7 box and imx6 box before and both of these connected straight away once the cable was installed so I'm a bit at a loss of what to do?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If it wasn't for WiFi not working, and the connections not staying on, my first reaction would be to test the network cable itself by plugging it into a different device, however...
Some devices don't like having both WiFi and Ethernet turned on at the same time. With regards to them showing as off after you've enabled them, does this occur if you turn just WiFi on, exit settings and return, and the same with Ethernet?
In terms of neither of them connecting, really strange that. Sorry for the inconvenience, I know that all devices, whether new or replacement, get tested before they leave the office. Did the replacement arrive in an OK condition, in terms of the packaging?
When you enter the Settings screen, is it a monochrome blue/black and white mainly text based interface, or a more colourful, tabbed menu system? If the latter, can you try again (WiFi/Ethernet, one at a time) by first clicking on the last tab, and selecting the More/Advanced button please.

If none of that helps, try a factory reset - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ . If WiFi and Ethernet still don't work, please e-mail us again ( [email protected] ) with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and can you ask the team in the office to speak to me (SilentlyScreaming/ChrisM) about your case before responding to you.

Lee Dunne

Sep 20, 2014
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I've tried all the above but with no success, I have emailed the details requested to the email address provided, hoping we can get it sorted.