KB666

Feb 22, 2015
Can't get any of the live football matches to play yesterday or today keep getting message saying playback failed or web request failed. Sometimes it just says working in the top right corner but nothing happens. Have tried all the different streams. Movies are working so don't understand what's wrong. Can anyone think what might be wrong please?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sometimes because of the amount of people trying to watch football or any sport, can cause the servers to have problems also site might be down. Are you using HQzone, try AAA streams.

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
Well for me, I just watched the Liverpool v Man City game today in great quality and it only buffered once for about 5 seconds for the whole match. But this was using NBC Sports Extra. It's been fantastic for the short time I've had the T8 box. They show every premier league match live in great quality too. For example yesterday, I had the choice of about 5 matches to flick between, and loading times are very fast.
The only downside of course is you need a VPN to watch it, as its only for People in the US. I opted to pay for a premium VPN service for $99 for the year. You can get them cheaper of course or indeed use a free one, although from what I've been reading, the free ones are quite limited with bandwidth and speed etc.

Regards

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Well for me, I just watched the Liverpool v Man City game today in great quality and it only buffered once for about 5 seconds for the whole match. But this was using NBC Sports Extra. It's been fantastic for the short time I've had the T8 box. They show every premier league match live in great quality too. For example yesterday, I had the choice of about 5 matches to flick between, and loading times are very fast.
The only downside of course is you need a VPN to watch it, as its only for People in the US. I opted to pay for a premium VPN service for $99 for the year. You can get them cheaper of course or indeed use a free one, although from what I've been reading, the free ones are quite limited with bandwidth and speed etc.

Regards

I am coming to the conclusion that unless you have a VPN its pointless trying to watch live sports or any HD movie during peak times without script failed/constant buffering/ connection failure etc...
How difficult is VPN to set up?

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
Well the vpn I signed up with was a piece of piss. No setting to set up or anything.
Obviously, I would think you need a decent Internet speed yourself.
The one I used was express vpn.
You can download from the play store.
Let me know what you decide.
Cheers

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Thanks for your input Darrren:D
I have virgin 50mb internet speed so no issue there.
My main reason for acquiring a Drodbox was for streaming HD movies and to be honest, it's been a major disappointment.
I only stream at weekends as I am away all week, so presume that traffic must be higher as I 've not yet been able to watch a movie without constant buffering. I have resorted to downloading movies from my Kodi windows version on my desktop, copy to pen drive and playing back in droidbox, at least I know streaming will not be interrupted.
I reckon that as iptv is now becoming more and more popular, accessing the likes of Genesis etc... streaming videos publicly from these servers is going be worse than ever!

Reactions: mickob16

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
That's a pretty damning summary of watching movies on Xbmc, I had one or two problems a while back but I followed some advice on here about clearing cache etc and it is much better.
Have to say I only have on my speed test 6mg down load and 1.8mg up load but I don't have constant buffering.
Might be an idea to clear and reinstall the said add ons maybe .

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've not had problems watching films, but I don't get a lot of time recently for this, so it tends to be midnight-3am (I also skip the results that list a hosting company that is often slow, especially for HD films).
It could be worth trying a different build of XBMC (just in case it is a software issue) if clearing data and re-installing the add-ons doesn't improve matters (e-mail or start a live chat if you need a hand).
Another test would be to find a friend who has a different ISP, and take the DroidBOX to their place for one evening during peak times. If they get the same issue, then it is likely that the individual servers at the other end are suffering. If they don't get problems, it could be the routing used by your ISP. Not much you can do then other than swapping to the same ISP as your friend, but worth looking into.