Mathew87

May 17, 2016
Hello everyone ive been trying to get to the bottom of this for sometime but still havent found an answer...
I have an droidstick mx box with the latest kodi 16.1 installed on it ive installed various addons that i know worked on my box before it was flashed but now when i try to watch anything i get no picture at all just sound when i open any link. Ive been told to check the acceleration by alot of people and have one last thing to try (unchecking) all options under acceleration and see if that does the trick im not feeling very confident spent 2 nights playing around with it with no luck. Ive re installed kodi 6 times and also tried 15.2 same sinario.
Any help would be amazing thank you all so much mathew

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Experimenting with acceleration settings often fixes this type of problem so persist with that. Also check hdmi leads are fully seated. Other than that you should contact droidsticks support. You say you've flashed the box - hopefully that has not screwed anything up.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Mathew87 Have you contacted ( https://www.entertainmentbox.com/contact-us/ ) Entertainment Box (the new name for DroidSticks) regarding the issue?
You could try SPMC instead of Kodi - https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/download/16.3.0-spmc/SPMC-armeabi-v7a_16.3.0.apk or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semperpax.spmc16 if you prefer to install via the Play Store.
When you speak to them, let them know the precise versions of Kodi/SPMC you've tried, they'll presumably want your original order information, and which steps you've already tried. Oh, also whether the no video issue is only within Kodi, or if other Android apps have the same issue.

[edit]
Ah, Nigelar beat me to it!

Mathew87

May 17, 2016
Experimenting with acceleration settings often fixes this type of problem so persist with that. Also check hdmi leads are fully seated. Other than that you should contact droidsticks support. You say you've flashed the box - hopefully that has not screwed anything up.

I havent flashed it the guy that i know who got it for me did and it was working after he flashed it but i uninstalled kodi then re installed it and i get this problem. Ill have another go with the acceleration and see if i can get it working i dont know any details from the order of the box bought it a while ago maybe best getting a newer box?

Hello everyone ive been trying to get to the bottom of this for sometime but still havent found an answer...
I have an droidstick mx box with the latest kodi 16.1 installed on it ive installed various addons that i know worked on my box before it was flashed but now when i try to watch anything i get no picture at all just sound when i open any link. Ive been told to check the acceleration by alot of people and have one last thing to try (unchecking) all options under acceleration and see if that does the trick im not feeling very confident spent 2 nights playing around with it with no luck. Ive re installed kodi 6 times and also tried 15.2 same sinario.
Any help would be amazing thank you all so much mathew

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Mathew87 Again, refer to Entertainment Box to be sure, but if their devices are set up in a similar way, you could try reinstalling the original Kodi build that came with the firmware (after uninstalling the version you put on). See
for how we'd do it on one of our T8 or T8-S models.

Please note, any spontaneous combustion incidents, missing kittens or end of world apocalypse incidents triggered by attempting this approach are in no way to be attributed to DroidBOX. Nor me personally.