simon

Aug 16, 2014
Hi there can somebody help me, when I try to watch a TV series or movie all I get is the sound but no picture do I need a programme for it.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You definitely have an iMX6 device? If so, do you happen to have upgraded XBMC to a newer version recently? If so, let us know the page you downloaded it from, and we may be able to get to the root of this problem.

ANDY BOTTOMLEY

Oct 16, 2014
I too have the same problem ,being new to this ,i can get a picture when not viewing xbmc ? i see some small screen pixels at top and sound ?
Any ideas would be great,
Sorry forgot it is a X7 ultimate .

Thanks Andy

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@ANDY BOTTOMLEY , there was a mistake in the factory, they installed the wrong build of XBMC, sorry.

This is a copy of the e-mail we're sending to people:

It has come to our attention that a batch of X7s had an out of date XBMC installed at the factory. If you find that only audio is present, with no video in XBMC when viewing media, our sincere apologies. We've adjusted our procedures to ensure this won't happen again.

Below are the steps required to install the correct version. It involves uninstalling the current XBMC application, downloading and then opening one file.
If you would prefer us to perform the steps for you, please click on the Help & Support icon on your device's homescreen.§1

Make a note of the 9 digit number and leave the application on screen, next please visit http://www.droidbox.co.uk where you'll find an online chat system in the bottom right corner of the page. If you start a chat with us and let us know the number & the reason for your chat, we can then log in to your device and perform the procedure for you. You will need to accept the requests presented by your X7.

Steps required to reconfigure your device without our assistance:
  • Please turn on your device and then click on the Settings icon §2
  • Select the last tab and click on More Settings
  • Click the Apps sub-menu, scroll down to and then select XBMC
  • Select the uninstall button and confirm you're certain
  • Once this process completes, return to the launcher's homescreen, and open the browser
  • Visit http://bit.ly/DBxOct2014 and when asked, select Browser then click on Just Once
  • After the download has completed, click on the notification area (bottom right corner), and select the entry confirming the download has completed
  • Click on the APK file listed, and confirm you want to install it
  • Once this has completed, the process is complete
  • If you have not run the DroidBOX Wizard in XBMC before, please visit https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-oct-2014/ to learn more
§1 If you have elected to use the Android launcher, rather than our custom launcher, please open the list of all installed Android applications, then scroll to and select the QS app instead.
§2 If you have elected to use the Android launcher, rather than our custom launcher, please open the list of all installed Android applications, then scroll to and select the Settings instead.

In either case, we're sorry if you did receive an X7 where video is not displayed in XBMC. Should you have any queries, please do e-mail us, send a message via our chat system, or visit our forum - http://DroidBOXForums.com

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
That appears to happen with the new skin with some customers. The strange thing is, the model and firmware can be the same, with a fresh install of XBMC/SPMC, and the issue strikes randomly.

ANDY BOTTOMLEY

Oct 16, 2014
Hi
Thanks Fresh install and picture is now working when in XBMC ,but will not show picture in itv player ? when not in XBMC.!
Still problem jumping back to main screen 3 to 4 times when booting to android green screen ? will persevere over weekend with new skins ?

Thanks Andy

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, with ITV player, make sure you've signed into the Play Store and allowed automatic updates, see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/
If it still doesn't work after that, you could try contacting ITV, but big companies rarely implement fixes, even if hundreds of people complain. I'd consider swapping to the ITV add-on in XBMC. I've asked if we can add it to the DroidBOX Wizard, but in the mean time, watch this:
It takes about 30 seconds to do, and I've used Tunnel Bear to pretend I'm in Britain, both the live broadcasts and catch up programming work fine. These appear to be the official streams, so should be reliable. Since the guy made that YT video, the add-on has had a couple of other channels added CITV and something else I think.
Re the dumping out when loading XBMC, I've not got anything to suggest beyond swapping to a different skin, sorry.

derek

Oct 14, 2014
hi ive recently reinstalled xmbc and MASHUP from a factory recet ,now when i whatch movies i get sound but no picture.
ive seen a how to for xmbc 13 gotham on how to fix it , but im asked to click links im my system section that i dont have!
can you help??