Wurzel

Jun 9, 2015
Hi there, help needed

Had T8-S dualboot box working perfectly as shipped.
Wanted to add SkyGo but this would not run as reported box rooted.
Found Hide My Root app and loaded it without reading too much up on it - big error
Used it to hide root but SkyGo still complained.
Tried to use Hide My Root to unhide root and zippo nothing happened.
Now SuperSU won't run as reports no su binary and OpenElec flashes to open but closes straight away

Not so worried about SkyGo but would like to have my box working properly again, anyone any suggestions?

Oh and be warned although an IT bod I am from the Gates side of the world so Android etc currently a steep learning curve so go easy on me :)

Oh forgot to add I have tried a box reset and then reload of all through the Droid Wizard but problem still exists.

Last edited:
B

BubbleHeed

This happened to me .... somehow I lost my root and Openelec wouldn't open .... Super su said no binary was installed and this is a problem etc .

I'll PM you a link that sorted it for me nice and quickly and easily ..... However its at your own risk you understand .

Wurzel

Jun 9, 2015
That would be brilliant and totally understand it is at my own risk - that's life :)

Wurzel

Jun 9, 2015
So far so good. Have all functionality back so just going through last checks but hopeful. Well done that man, thank you.

Reactions: BubbleHeed
B

BubbleHeed

So far so good. Have all functionality back so just going through last checks but hopeful. Well done that man, thank you.
Happy to help ..... this plagued me for a few days till I found that fix ;)

Wurzel

Jun 9, 2015
Yep all seems sorted thx. Having read up more on SkyGo I think best I give up on it as it would seem their root checking is too good. Shame as it means having to use my laptop connected to the tv all the time but hey ho.

Reactions: BubbleHeed
B

BubbleHeed

Yep all seems sorted thx. Having read up more on SkyGo I think best I give up on it as it would seem their root checking is too good. Shame as it means having to use my laptop connected to the tv all the time but hey ho.

Glad I could help you get it sorted ..... It had me going nuts for a few days .