Brizzle

Nov 7, 2015
Mornin All,

Just ordered a T95Z from the main site (to replace an ageing T8-S that my wife has to keep rebuilding) and as an after thought, I looked for the model section in the forum - zilch..

Is this a new model to Droidbox, as I see other threads mentioning it but that it wasn't stocked by Droidbox.

Curious as to it's history here..

Brizzle

Nov 7, 2015
Cheers Chris,

Do you know when this model was added to the Droidbox stable, and is it distinguished from the generic versions in any way?

TIA

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I don't know, sorry. Within the last month or two I assume, but not sure if they are branded, nor if they use the normal DroidBOX launcher or not! Probably worth dropping the staff a line via email.

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Cheers Chris,

Do you know when this model was added to the Droidbox stable, and is it distinguished from the generic versions in any way?

TIA
Well I just recieved my T95Z Plus today dissapointed it is advertised as Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat it comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Never had a Droidbox before from cold boot it does display Droidbox .

Firmware Build version is T5ZP0070 but OTA Updates Unsupported ( The device manufacturer has not enabled support for the OTA Updater! Please ask them (kindly) to add support before using this app!

Rav

Jan 2, 2018
Cheers Chris,

TIA
Hi Brizzle, only signed up today but am waiting delivery of this model. Here is information i got from customer support...
The T95Z is a new product we launched last week so there are not many reviews for it as yet. Firmware updates will be available as and when needed, you can also download app updates from the Google Play Store. I hope that answers your query, thanks. (I enquired in between xmas n new year ).

Regards,
David Cole
DroidBOX Customer and Technical Service
https://droidbox.co.uk/ hope this helps

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Hi Dave Yes no problem,

Device name
T95Z

Model
T95Z

Android security patch level
1 August 2016

Version

Serial number
0123456789abcdef

Build
T5ZP0070

There is also a problem when using external keyboard when you press enter, the letter q is displayed from what I have read elsewhere the Generic.kl file needs edited. Another point the remote control button to change colour and switch off the led display does not work also read that is because modified boot screen or launcher.

Thanks
urie

Last edited:

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Could you email [email protected] and include your order number or full name and post code the order was sent to. Include a link to this forum post as reference and we will be able to check everything out.

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Thanks Dave I actually had emailed back giving ordernumber and link to my first post on forum but I think it was an automated service because of the hollidays. I will now email support.

Rav

Jan 2, 2018
Received T95Z plus android box a couple of days ago. Easy to set up and specs mean it runs apps and any media really smoothly, even though my my internet speeds are really slow. Films, sport and bbc i player etc run flawlessly, in fact clarity of picture looks better than Tv.All in all so far so good very impressed with item and to top it off, bought at a great price in sale at DroidBox over christmas and new year really glad i chose this android box.

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
Hello I am desperately looking for help with t95z box. I have it directly connected to router that has a 1G fiber interface other devices connect3d to the router get almost the full 1G up and down speeds wireless devices do excess of 300M. The problem I am having with the box are numerous so I was looking for a forum for help couldn’t find one. I installed Speedtest but clicking on begin test noth8ng happens. When I watch stuff on terrarium tv app terrible buffering. Only thing I can that works fine is it’s similuation'of being an Apple TV box.

urie

Dec 27, 2017
If you are using ookla speedtest you need to use mouse pointer to run the test. And I just ran it
2.95 mbps down and 6.60 upload ping 72 ms,
wierd haven't had that result before did test on laptop at same time using ookla also.
Download 24.73 mbps Upload 6.03 mbps ping 34ms. As another test I tried my isp talktalks speed test laptop no problem t95z could not connect to test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the serser may be having some issues. Please try again later.

Also tried speed test on android phone problems there also will reset router see how things go.

P.S. remember those test were wifi

just connected home plug to t95z results simillar to laptop

Edit
Rebooted router everything back to normal no problems

Last edited:

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
If you are using ookla speedtest you need to use mouse pointer to run the test. And I just ran it
2.95 mbps down and 6.60 upload ping 72 ms,
wierd haven't had that result before did test on laptop at same time using ookla also.
Download 24.73 mbps Upload 6.03 mbps ping 34ms. As another test I tried my isp talktalks speed test laptop no problem t95z could not connect to test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the serser may be having some issues. Please try again later. Im hoping it is

Also tries speed test on android phone problems there also will reset router see how things go.

P.S. remember those test were wifi

just connected home plug to t95z results simillar to laptop

Edit
Rebooted router everything back to normal no problems
I am using a wireless keyboard and am able to move the mouse pointed over begin test but won’t do a thing. Ran speedtest cia a browser on the t95 pitiful results. Will try rebooting router. May have to reset the t95 and start all over with installing the few apps

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
Can you let us know your ISP @spidey , and check whether you get the same issues when connected via WiFi instead please.
I use at&t gigafiber a iMac connected to router gets almost 1G wireless iPad gets 363 M down and 433 up speeds. Wired browser chrome speedtest results 62 down 68up. Wireless 37.8 down and 86.7 upload. Still don’t understand why the mouse is t working to ru speedtest app??

Last edited:

spidey

Jan 25, 2018
Found fast.com and results are better but not the best 1g I get on my iMac directly connected to router. More like WiFi but WiFi is disabled on the android box. Still can’t use Speedtest app can’t click go

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Found fast.com and results are better but not the best 1g I get on my iMac directly connected to router. More like WiFi but WiFi is disabled on the android box. Still can’t use Speedtest app can’t click go
You need to use a mouse to click on the speed tester.