Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Hi all,

Looking for some help as I am trying to setup my ipvanish VPN within OPENELEC / KODI 15.2 I believe and I am running into a connection error within Openvpn.

I have installed "VPN Manager for Open VPN 1.4.0" and "Open VPN 6.0" , set up username and password, tried to establish a connection and getting an error message in VPN manager saying:

Error connecting to VPN, something unexpected happened. Retry to check openvpn operation and then check log.

This is what the log states:

Open VPN log

DEPRECATED OPTION: - - t|s-remote, please update your configuration

I have used this before without any problems, but after a clean install and re setup this is what is happening.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Just wanted to say thank you to @angela for the advice. Worked a treat and so simple.

Cheers.

Reactions: angela

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
The SEO Michael method I've been using in OpenELEC for a year now. But upon a reinstall of OpenELEC and kodi it wouldn't connect as per my original help request.

All sorted now with advice given by @angela and yourselve.

Thanks

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Does anyone know the probable answer to this error message I stated in the beginning of this thread?

I'm sorted by using the alternative method suggested, but would like to get this fixed as I had it working initially.

Something is niggling my mind about Advanced Settings, but I may just be over thinking.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
I've also been using the SEO method for months but it has been going wrong a lot for the past few weeks. I'm on LibreElec now as well so the manual method with OpenElec doesn't work for me.

One way I have found that works for me is to install the VPN Manager addon from the Zomboided repo (recommended by LibreElec forums and was originally intended for use with OpenElec) and that has resolved all my problems.

SEO is my website of choice for most instructions but with this particular part of my set up I had to look elsewhere.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Do you know the URL for the repo so I can add it in the file manager

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Still no go.

"Error Connecting to VPN, something unexpected happened "

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
Gah. Sorry about that. So if you are still using OpenElec won't you need both VPN Manager (the one from Zomboided) and the Open VPN bit that you get from SEO Michael?

Have you followed the SEO instructions as far as the VPN Manager bit then substitute his Manager for the Zomboided version? That's the only other thing I can suggest I'm afraid.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Yes I've installed OpenVPN.

Like I said, I used it for a year with no problems. Then done a factory reset (a few times to try it) and it wouldn't work again. No matter what ver I try. I think there is a third file that is not mentioned in SEO Michael. I wish I could remember where I got the install info from on the web last year. I'm sure it was something to do with Advanced Settings, but I may be wrong.