Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
IMG_2971.JPG
Hi,
I hope someone can advise me. I have set certain addons to be "exempt" from using VPN as I find this works really well. BUT - Ive noticed when I scroll down the list that Im getting a lot of DUCKPOOL mentions.
I deleted Duckpool when it all went down but Im wondering where will I be able to delete what I am looking at seems as though Im not using this anymore.
Im sure these files are possibly taking space but just curious.
Iv added a pic ov what Im looking at.
Thanks
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
My first reaction is they may be leftover thumbnails. I would do a search (using a file explorer) of the local drive looking for anything duckpool related. Sometimes a kodi addon delete does not delete everything.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Also try an uninstall reinstall of openvpn, setting it up from scratch. Or even easier just reset it to defaults

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi sean99 - Ive reset it to default as I have some new certificates to install and this is what I am seeing. Thanks for that mate.
Nigelar!! - maybe it is thumbnails - I only ever use LE and never log into kodi!!!!! would I have to log into kodi to use a file explorer or is there something similar in LE?
Regards
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi sean99 - Ive reset it to default as I have some new certificates to install and this is what I am seeing. Thanks for that mate.
Nigelar!! - maybe it is thumbnails - I only ever use LE and never log into kodi!!!!! would I have to log into kodi to use a file explorer or is there something similar in LE?
Regards
Dave
You've got me there Dave. I'm android only and don't use librelec. Others more knowledgeable will be able to advise on the libreelec file structure and how to access. Maybe file manager in librelec Kodi settings?

Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks Nigelar, Ive checked and there is no files in there to access - I rekon its different for LE as I only use LE so I cant imagine anything related to DUCKPOOL in Kodi.
Maybe I can access through the network on my mac??????? would anyone know this please????
Thanks Nigelar - It may be trivial but Im just sick of looking at them lists when I enter OpenVPN manager.
Thanks again though
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Dave,
Just so you are clear, Kodi is what actually runs under librelec (and only Kodi). So when you open it you are running Kodi.
I'm assuming that at some point you have downloaded the duckpool add-on/repo on librelec Kodi and there is something left over.
You could always try a librelec Kodi clear data but you will need to set things up again from scratch again (taking a back up before the delete wouldn't work because you would restore the superfluous files).
When I referred to file manager it is the one in librelec Kodi btw.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ho dear - I really didnt want to do that. My set up is spot on.
What do you rekon to me actually logging into the Kodi side and then looking at the ES File Explorer??????
If I do this is there anything special I should know in how to look for them as Ive not used it before.
Hope you dont mind me asking.
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think we've already established that es file explorer looks at the android side. We need something that will look at the librelec side. As I say, I know very little about libreelec but suggested you use the file manager on the libreelec Kodi menu bar under settings.

Best wait for a libreelec expert to get involved. However here is something on how to access libreelec files from a Mac.

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/accessing_libreelec#tab__sambasmb

In the meantime here is how I deleted some Kodi add-on leftover files on the CEMC fork. It may you can navigate a similar path using the librelec embedded file manager (following is copied from one of my posts on the Ares project forum). Replace references to CEMC with Kodi and covenant with duckpool.

"Ok I fixed this.
I'm conscious that uninstalling an addon from within Kodi may not delete everything and remove all sources of possible database etc corruption.
So I tried something a bit more drastic.
Using a file manager, I first navigated to the .cemc/userdata/addon_data folder.
I deleted plugin.video.covenant

I then navigated to .cemc/Addons
I deleted script.covenant.artwork
Script.covenant.metadata
Plugin.video.covenant"

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Dave you will need to sftp into your device from your mac. I do it regular using windows and filezilla. Go into android and d/l ftp server demo, launch FTP server demo, select on, (the toggle switch at the top), advance settings, then stay in folder / (forgot to mention that 1st time round but is crucial) then make a note of ur ip addy. Leaving that toggle set to on come back out to home screen and open libreelec (you can only sftp into LE when its running) now goto your mac/ pc and open/ dl filezilla, top left host is the boxes ip addy (you got from ftp server demo but without the ftp://, numbers part only) and type :22 at the end in place of the :2121/ (which is only used to ftp into android), username is root and password is libreelec and port is 22. Quick connect and you now have access to libreelec side of box.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Wow Thank you for your time on helping me.
Im going to try access through mac tonight and also through Kodi side File Explorer.
Ill see what happens and how it goes and will let you know how it all went.
Thanks again for all your help.
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
As nigelar says only android side can be accessed using es f e. Only way to access the linux side is to sftp into it from a pc. When you get in there I would make a backup of .kodi which would be your current L E config to your mac (always have it the on your hdd then if you ever wanted to put the same config to another device). Just need to choose in filezilla on the left side the destination of the files you are going to download to. Be careful what if anything you delete from the root of libreelec:eek:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just sftp'd into L E and the path you need to follow once connected in filezilla is:- /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager. Then settings, its right click on windows to view/ edit the file (not sure on a mac) image is my settings/excluded inside vpn.manager etc.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 128

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Wow - Thank you so much sean99. Im going to get into this tonight after work.
I really do appreciate all the help given.
Thank you
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No probs just hope you find traces of duckpool in there to remove, if not you will need to have a mooch around a bit more

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
IMG_3029.JPG
OK - I could find my device through FETCH SFTP but It didnt show any relation to duckpool. BUT
I actually found on the device itself the files through LE that I rekon I have to delete.
Do you think these are the ones????
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Things connected to icechannel and istream are likely leftovers from your duckpool installation. Many of the others look like common dependencies. Did you look in the addons folder in case there is left over stuff there?

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Excellent - Thank you - Both of you.
I did look into addons folder and there was a load of plug ins relating to old addons such as Specto, Genesis, mucky duck etc. All ones that have closed or folded.
Im going to delete all the old plug ins and all the icefilms, iStream and duckpool stuff and then leave well alone.
Its all looking like I can now delete obsolete files which is great.
Cheers again.
Regards
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Well - here a quick update. Used the file location in LE and deleted all the addon data named duckpool and all the dat named iStream. Guess what!!!! its all still there in the Open VPN manager.
Im going to FTP into it from mac. I dont have Filezilla but I do have Cyberduck which is a great FTP client.
Ill use the log in details like you told me sean99 and the paths you mention and let you know how I get on.
Dave

Reactions: sean99