Dan Brodie-Brawn

Sep 29, 2015
Hey there, since the 15.2 update in openelec I've lost the speaker configuration and dts hd ma and true hd audio options..... Any though from anyone? Cheers Dan.

Dan Brodie-Brawn

Sep 29, 2015
If you go to system, system and then Audio output and here you can make adjustments to what you want ie: passthrough, Dolby, DTS and Dolby transcoding.
hi David, within those settings there is no speaker configuration or dts hd ma as before the update. Movies are still in dd etc but in the above settings there isn't even a speaker configuration option as before...ie 2.0 etc then under the dd and dts there used to be options for dts hd etc but all gone now?

Dan Brodie-Brawn

Sep 29, 2015
In the side bar make sure it's set to Expert...not sure if it changes here.
This is at the bottom left corner and is known as the setting level.
it is set to expert
But the settings for audio have all changed since the update! If I open kodi in Android it's all as it should be, very odd
Here's photos to show. Photos not uploading, can't make them any smaller to send.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'll check mine latter, I've got mine set up and only have DD and DTS set as there's not much HD audio streams out there.
Plus I'm happy with the way it sounds, I save the HD DD, DTS X and Atmos audio for blu-ray.
Have you checked the openelec setting as well, worth a look.

Dave

Dan Brodie-Brawn

Sep 29, 2015
I'll check mine latter, I've got mine set up and only have DD and DTS set as there's not much HD audio streams out there.
Plus I'm happy with the way it sounds, I save the HD DD, DTS X and Atmos audio for blu-ray.
Have you checked the openelec setting as well, worth a look.

Dave
In all fairness mine sounds great through my av amp and any movie in normal dolby and dts is decoded fine, was just wondering where the speaker configuration option had gone and if anyone else knew of this. It works spot on maybe through the update it got lost. In Android it's all there in openelec kodi it's not. Maybe I just leave it for now as it's not affecting the sound in any way especially not dd or dts. Cheers for your thoughts though David.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes they do sound great...I like the more power add-on or in NaviX. Most have 5.1 and it even has the original Star Wars films with out the touching up in 720p and DTS Master(so use the android side).

Enjoy

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

Try to Reset OpenELEC to defaults and see if you will get theAudio settings back.
To reset openELEC to defaults follow the instructions below:
>Under system go into OpenELEC then System and right side of system there are various options. You need to go on Reset to Defaults.
>Under Reset to Defaults click on Reset openELEC to defaults.

Hope that helps..

Reactions: David Savage

Dan Brodie-Brawn

Sep 29, 2015
Hello,hi there I've done that but still no audio options like speaker configuration 2.0 etc or dts hd etc, I've got optimised etc and dd dts standard but that is it. It's working great I was just querying where the settings had gone ad before the update they were there. Cheers.

Try to Reset OpenELEC to defaults and see if you will get theAudio settings back.
To reset openELEC to defaults follow the instructions below:
>Under system go into OpenELEC then System and right side of system there are various options. You need to go on Reset to Defaults.
>Under Reset to Defaults click on Reset openELEC to defaults.

Hope that helps..