sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Am trying to backup kodi in openelec to a memory stick to cover any loss of data, the tar file created is in /storage/backups but can't find where the storage folder is. Watched a vid on YouTube and the storage folder is in Kodi/file manager but is not there on mine. Am needing to wipe all data on box to run again the new update to gain access to google play store as it hasn't fixed that issue 1st time round. Not clued up on openelec yet but will get there, any help much appreciated.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have since sorted the google play issue (cleared data on all 3 google apps) but still would like to know about openelec kodi backup guys n gals pls :)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi don't no if this will help and what I do is go to openelec setting.
It's by system, go in and on the right see system, stay here. Now on your right underneath droidbox cloud you will see backup now click on create system and kodi backup.
Also before that install the droidbox cloud....hope this helps and merry Christmas...

Dave

Reactions: Sal

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I guess Droidbox cloud is the same as iCloud to ios Dave, so if I cleared data from openelec I can restore from there?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You can use DroidBOX Cloud to access your T8-S when it is booted into openELEC. Think of it it being in the same ballpark as DroidBOX Share in Android, but not identical!
Regarding the file structure, you'll want to go to
Root filesystem
first of all to start from the very beginning. No time to google the appropriate Mary Poppins quote at this point, /storage/.kodi/userdata/ is the path, so first Storage, then .kodi , then userdata (or wherever you specifically need).

Reactions: David Savage

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thank for the reply ss but the userdata folder is relating to android only and nothing openelec, can access the kodi files android side of box only.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just to check:

In openELEC, not Android
Go to root filesystem, then /storage
In there, the .kodi folder

I've cleared Android's Kodi install of data, rebooted to openELEC, logged in via SSH (the IP address of the DroidBOX, "root" and "openelec" I think for user/pwd)

I've left a file in that folder now.
Switch to Android, and check the Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/path, nothing there (at all, so obviously including the file I placed there, not present.)
Ran Kodi for first run, so folder would then exist.
Rechecked in ES File Explorer (so Android still), path exists, the recently added file doesn't.
Added a new empty file there to mark it as an Android data folder.
Rebooted to openELEC, original file is still there, the file I just added in Android is not.

Try again from your side, if your results differ, please let us know the exact steps you're taking and we'll find where the issue is occurring.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that ss wasn't too sure about ur way so I had a mooch and found script.xbmcbackup by robweber in my programs. Can now run backups to my hdd, cheers all sorted now:)

Reactions: ChrisM