gary short

Oct 13, 2015
I brought my t8s droidbox with the intention of running kodi in openelec as I have heard it runs better. But it seems to be version 14.2. Is there a way to get the latest 15.2 version in openelec or will this only be possible in android mode

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Droidbox box are I believe to be doing this in the next over the air update. So I was lead to believe....
Kodi 14.2 is a Linux version of Kodi for openElec, so I'd keep this as most add-ons still work and don't cause a problem.
So its just a waiting game for now, so watch out for any anouncements on droidboxs main site.

Hope this helps

gary short

Oct 13, 2015
Many thanks. Would you still recommend using the openelec 14.2 version over the android 15.2
And when and if there is an update will the update be a fresh install and would overwrite my current build

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Normally if its done as an OTA update then it would over write the version you have and then you would need to re-run the wizard again.
I might be wrong, but that's the way its been done in the past.
I'm happy the way things are to be far...
In OpenElec you can go to system click here and then click on Video...now go to Playback, look on the right for " Adjust display refresh rate" and put this on Always.
Now go and try, what this does is when you watch a movie or TV program it changes it to the right refresh rate for a smoother and more enjoyable experience ....
I only use this in openElec as android is set in the setting or two cogs part.
Hope this helps

Dave