JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
when I use openELEC on t8s it says openELEC elec dev update ( script failed ) at the turn on point does anyone know what this means

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
same here after i did a firmware update, ive checked the addon settings and the ulr address is blank so they may need to be put in manualy, if someone could please post the openelec dev update settings i will give it a go

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
cant remeber off the top of my head, i will check later when i turn the box on

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ok just had a check, go programs and click on openeiec dev update and a box pops up saying no valid ulr, click ok and another box pops up click ok and then the settings box pops up, click on the little cog on the top of the page and you can see custom domain with no ulr address

JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
ok just had a check, go programs and click on openeiec dev update and a box pops up saying no valid ulr, click ok and another box pops up click ok and then the settings box pops up, click on the little cog on the top of the page and you can see custom domain with no ulr address
I've mailed droidbox! See what they say ok

JPMSCFC

Jul 28, 2015
Let us know how you get on
I went on to leopold repo , uninstalled the updater , it then told me there was an update available so I clicked on it , and it installed the latest version and also removed the droidbox wizard , it's working like a dream but believe it or not it is still says dev failed script error so I'll see what droidbox say

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd try wiping openELEC's data (then go straight to the openELEC Dev Update Program Add-on if a notification doesn't show once you've entered your WiFi password) if the issue remains. I've had this happen to me on two devices in the past, but I've not had it happen again since then.