dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
I have had a t8s plus since they were launched could someone please tell me how to use the openelec as I have never used it am I missing out on anything

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Silently Screaming and 27mark already answered your "why" questions yesterday.
This YouTube video should, hopefully, answer your "how" question.

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Thanks for posting that video on openelec I must be really thick because I still don't know what it's used for or the benefits of having it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You have 2 operating systems.
If you run Kodi on android you are also running lots of other stuff which may affect performance.
If you run Kodi on openelec you are not running lots of other stuff so performance may be better.

I doubt you will notice much difference on a t8s plus, so stick with android if everything works ok.

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
If you run Kodi on android you are also running lots of other stuff which may affect performance.
If you run Kodi on openelec you are not running lots of other stuff so performance may be better.

I doubt you will notice much difference on a t8s plus, so stick with android if everything works ok.
Thanks for your support I think I have a better understanding

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Thanks for your support I think I have a better understanding

Smaller footprint, fewer apps = improved response. Regards.