ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did it connect previously?
Is Orange's modem/router a new piece of hardware in your house?
WiFi or Ethernet (cabled)?
What error message is displayed?
I'm assuming you've already tried rebooting both your X7 and the modem/router?
Any changes to the configuration of, or firmware update on, the modem/router?

Answers on a postcard or sealed down envelope to... :)

There have been reports of a few ISP supplied modem/routers clashing with our hardware. If you have the time and a friend who could let you borrow there modem/router for five minutes (you don't need to worry about setting up the ADSL details, we're just interested in trying to connect to a local network), that would help narrow down the list of suspects. Obviously it would be useful if the friend didn't have the same make of modem/router. I think the troublesome units are made by Thomson, though rebadged with EE/Orange's logos etc.

Jul 24, 2014
I'm finding that my box won't connect to my orange live box.Any suggestions anyone?
The Orange modem is not new, This morning I connected an Ethernet cable to the box and it worked fine.
When I try the wifi the message is 'connecting...' but nothing happens. How do you reboot the box? I have rebooted the modem. I have contacted Orange technicians but as yet no success, but they have promised to phone!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, open up the WiFi settings menu on your X7, and long click on the name of your WiFi network. Select the Forget option. Now reconnect to the network (obviously be careful with the password), and see if it is then able to connect.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There are two approaches to this, you could either
a) Open up ES File Explorer, File Manager HD or your preferred file manager, then navigate to \system\preinstall and install the apps you want from there. This way you'll only install those you actually want. However this could take a while if you want lots.
b) You could perform a factory reset (Android settings>Backup and Reset>Factory Wipe (Factory Reset? Operating from memory, sorry) then confirm you're certain. Once it has restarted, wait a good 20 minutes at the Android launcher homescreen, and all the apps will reinstall automatically. Don't forget to How To Use The DroidBOX Wizard Add-On in XBMC and also sign into Google's Play Store, click on of the installed apps and allow auto-updates to occur.