Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I believe that you are working with a Beta version of Jarvis for the OpenELEC Boot section of T8-S.

Do you know when it will be available for the OTA update?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
When it has been tested and proven to be stable is the only answer.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Thanks. I didn't realise you worked at Droidbox, as I know you messaged me this morning. That's why I asked Droidbox.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I don't, but the answer will be the same. There is a testing path and any formal release will be dependent on proving the new openelec build is stable. Please be patient and when we are comfortable it is good then droidbox can publicise release plans.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We're hopefully looking at weeks rather than months, but as Nigelar noted above, stability is key - if an update causes issues we have to wait for a re-write and then re-test.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
I don't, but the answer will be the same. There is a testing path and any formal release will be dependent on proving the new openelec build is stable. Please be patient and when we are comfortable it is good then droidbox can publicise release plans.
It is a bigger issue now that wookie have announced it will not issue updates for kodi pre 16.1 and Exodus will also not update.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Indeed. But it will be an even bigger issue if it is released on Droidboxes untested and then, to use the vernacular, it goes "tits up". The version of openelec from the openelec community is still in "beta" status so it has not been formally released as a final build. At any rate, you can use Kodi 16 on android for the time being to continue viewing those Addons that require it.