Willby

Feb 5, 2016
Hi , Updated my box via OTA in response to email from DB. All seemed well till I noticed that the main Kodi Icon had changed to "Droid box media centre" and doesn't open anymore when I click on it. It tries to open and the page opens for a second and then goes blank.
If I go into the Apps page and click on the DBMC app it works ok but I would love to get the main Droidbox/Kodi icon working again. After advice fro Shah I did go into Settings, clear data and force stop etc but all to no avail. When I did this I lost Andy's build and had to reinstall it.
Any advice appreciated.

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
There will need to be another firmware update for the link to be restored (check you have dbmc 16 kodi installed though). You could put a shortcut on your home screen. Here is another possible solution which i used when i hit a similar problem some time ago and ive kept with it now as i prefer it

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/replacing-the-mbox-launcher-home-screen-a-solution.3131/
Hi Nigelar, The app I have is dbmc 15.2......how do I upgrade to dbmc 16 and is it better? My box is new only got it a few weeks ago. I have it in favourites on my homescreen.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Here is the droidbox blog info on kodi 16.

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-media-centre-16-jarvis-based-on-kodi/

"Better" is always subjective. 16 has nice nice tweaks, i like the one where you can revert to a previous version of an addon if the new one plays up, plus you can prevent individual addons updating.

If 15.2 works for you. you may prefer updating until some later date. You wont lose much.

Reactions: Willby

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
Here is the droidbox blog info on kodi 16.

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-media-centre-16-jarvis-based-on-kodi/

"Better" is always subjective. 16 has nice nice tweaks, i like the one where you can revert to a previous version of an addon if the new one plays up, plus you can prevent individual addons updating.

If 15.2 works for you. you may prefer updating until some later date. You wont lose much.
Thanks Nigelar.#
Since I'm a newbie and a senior citizen to boot I think I will wait till some more bugs have been ironed out before updating anymore! Perhaps you could help me with something else though!
I have the VIP remote in addition to the supplied remote. Am pretty happy with the VIP in android but in Openelec the return button often doesn't function and I have to revert to the standard remote. I tried
"learning " the VIP additional coloured button with the return button on the standard but no joy. When I find a good source for a tv series etc I would like to add it somehow to "Favourites" but don't know how. Sorry for all the queries but really appreciate any advice.
Willby

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I dont have openelec so cant comment on the return button function and i haven't seen anyone report that particular problem here. When you say "return" do you mean "go back" in which case there are probably onscreen control icons which would do what you want (i don't think i've ever used the return button on the vip remote).
I only run the confluence screen for kodi so favourite setcup is straight forward. I click the menu key to get the context menu. One of the options is normally add to favourites.
You may want to investigate trakt as well (go to their web site) but if you proceed with that you will need to use their support forum as support would probably be limited here.

Reactions: Willby

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Since there are two different operating systems so not all the functions of a VIP keyboard will work on OpenELEC side or Android side. But most of the keys will work. If you press on the Menu Button on the Standard remote it will give you options to Add particular addons to your favourites or press C button on VIP keyboard for the options.

Reactions: Eddyad and Willby

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
Since there are two different operating systems so not all the functions of a VIP keyboard will work on OpenELEC side or Android side. But most of the keys will work. If you press on the Menu Button on the Standard remote it will give you options to Add particular addons to your favourites or press C button on VIP keyboard for the options.
Thanks Shah

Reactions: shah nissar

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Thanks Nigelar.#
Since I'm a newbie and a senior citizen to boot I think I will wait till some more bugs have been ironed out before updating anymore! Perhaps you could help me with something else though!
I have the VIP remote in addition to the supplied remote. Am pretty happy with the VIP in android but in Openelec the return button often doesn't function and I have to revert to the standard remote. I tried
"learning " the VIP additional coloured button with the return button on the standard but no joy. When I find a good source for a tv series etc I would like to add it somehow to "Favourites" but don't know how. Sorry for all the queries but really appreciate any advice.
Willby
Because OpenELEC is Linux based, Back button behaved differently there. If you press back while cursor hovering some menu it will call context menu, if you press on BAck while cursor is over some empty space, then it will work as Back... there is little can be done about it. It's OpenELEC restrictions.