Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
This firmware update was released in nov 2015 and i downloaded it then.
In the ota updater app what rom version does it show you currently have?
Also when did you buy your t8 - the date may be relevant.

Clive Kay

Feb 6, 2015
I checked it and it was bought pre- JUne 2015.. I updated the firmware from the zip file I downloaded and put on a Memory chip .. That loaded and upgrded fine. It says nowthat I have V 1 of the ROm and that V2 is available. Says cant download it, but I noticed that quickly it flashed before that message that it cannot update and IOS 9 something ( too quick for me to see ) Obviously looking for a wrong file or the box thinks it is an Apple ???

Clive Kay

Feb 6, 2015
Yes I tried that and that is were it says that V2 is available , but there is an error when it tries to download V2....Can this be applied manually ?? and if so where is the file . ??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Clive. I think if you've followed the instructions there is little more I can do to help so it is probably time to contact support at [email protected] or use the live chat icon on the main droidbox homepage. Provide your purchase details and give as much detail as possible.

Clive Kay

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for your help ... Odd really.. Looked at the 3 dots in the corner .. No reference to Wifi or Ethernet , just a list of downloaded Roms.. It just started to download ?? All done .. so weird.. I didn't wipe the data as I already have the Droidbox market and couldn't be bothered to re install the rubbish again !!

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok good news. Hope everything goes ok from now on. Perhaps a server was down and the file was unavailable.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Could have been a temporary server blip. If others read this in the future, worth checking the free space on your device as well. ES File Explorer has an Analyst util in the TOOLS menu, old temporary files or anything huge should be removed/moved to external storage, re-try the update and hopefully there'll be space for the file.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are referring to the t8 firmware release announced today.

You will certainly lose any Kodi Addons. I suspect apps from Google play as well. Whether you update it entirely down to your view on how valuable the new tweaks are having read the detail about them. If you don't then keep your current configuration.

According to the release notes "Please note that if you apply this update, you will need to reinstall any add-ons or skins you have installed in XBMC/Kodi/DBMC. If you do not want to do this, and are happy with your current firmware, there is NO need to apply this update"

Reactions: ChrisM