Gwalker124

May 1, 2015
Hi

I have a notification that my ota needs updating but when I download the update it doesn't seem to install.

The box automatically reboots after download but still shows its need updated from 1.0 to 1.1 or 1.01 something like and asks me to do the download again?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am a newbie so have no idea what the ota update actually does or if it's needed?

Cheers

Gary

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
A test file had been uploaded, but not removed at the end of testing. Sorry for the confusion caused, assuming you've rebooted since this happened, you shouldn't see the notification again.

Gwalker124

May 1, 2015
A test file had been uploaded, but not removed at the end of testing. Sorry for the confusion caused, assuming you've rebooted since this happened, you shouldn't see the notification again.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I am software tester for a finance company so if you ever need testers then happy to help out. Still really new to android stuff but would like to learn more so if there is ever any requirement for testing then give me a shout.

Cheers

Gwalker124

May 1, 2015
Hi

I have rebooted my box and still have the ota notification?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've passed on your volunteering, thanks. Re the OTA, very weird. If you head to Settings>Other>More Settings>Apps>Scroll all the way to the right so list is ALL and then open up OTA, does clearing data help (followed by another reboot)?

Gwalker124

May 1, 2015
I've cleared the cache and rebooted this seems to have resolved it for now hopefully should be fine now.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: ChrisM