taste3171

Dec 13, 2014
Box working fine and really happy with it. After reading some of the threads decided to run OTA update to ensure I had the latest. Followed all steps and rebooted after successfully updating , however OTA still reckons version 1.0.1 us available to update? was the update not successful? It looks a little different if I'm not mistaken, some tiles have been renamed. Only thing that makes me suspicious is that it was taking a while and I got bored and hid the dialogue boxed and went into Kodi to check something out and when I went back it had suddenly finished. Should I re-run and is there and easy way to check I have the updated build ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, when you updated did you highlight the clear data option. If not that's why, the only way around this is to do a factory reset. This also means you need to reinstall all your apps and rerun the wizard too.
If it's running ok then wait until you have time, but it's best to stay up to date. For next time remember to highlight the clear data.

Dave

taste3171

Dec 13, 2014
Didnt notice one. Might be being really thick here Dave but can you let me know where that is . The only place I'm used to seeing this is in settings Apps before a wizard install. In the reboots I've done it goes straight from updating little android man to main screen. The OTA how to also doesn't really spell out where this clear data option is. Finally some more info, the download progress blue line seems to hang without apparent progress for ages then suddenly advises ready to flash , trust this is unrelated.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
Exact same thing for me, when i installed the update there was no option to clear update first. i did a reset and its now showing the original rom build and no updates available

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i updated same as the guide, but i notice even that has no mention of clearing data option.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
This option might not be on the T8-S plus, it's on the T8-S. Might be because it on a different android biuld...try the above reset. You will need to set it all up again so alow time, as it will set your box to a fresh start.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive noticed a few quirks like when using the web browser some sites dropdown boxes not working, i solved this by installing firefox beta, im guessing some apps have compatability issues with lolipop that will get sorted in time

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Droidbox work hard making sure these latest boxes are tested before release.
Like you said there might be a few little issues, but as they come up droidbox will work hard to sort them out.

Best wishes for the coming New year.

taste3171

Dec 13, 2014
Great stuff , all good steer will revist ... however more questions if you dont mind. . Just need a bit more context for my understanding. Why is a reset the steer ? wont that just restore to the shipped firmware version , is'nt the objective an updated build . Are you saying reset then follow OTA update again to get 1.01 because something has gone wrong ?

Also and slightly related to updating. Wookie RSS feed suggests small update available. None of my searches spell out steps to update, only to install. Happy with choice of wizard so keen to update accross both boots. To plug the holes in my understanding of the process have the following further questions 1) do you simply clear data on the Kodi app via lollipop like normal then go into Kodi and then re install from zip as per the BAU process on the SAME http address ( ie the update is done on their end and there are is no visible change to the address ) , or is there an easier option via configure program add on where update is an option (currently not highlighted) or is the Wookie add on still there after a clear data and you simply re-run ? 2) In Open Elec you clearly can't clear the Kodi app's data so do you simply re-run the Wookie version of choice effectively over the one already installed , in my case now keen to run Apple over New Look ?

I appreciate this might all be beginner stuff but guess you have to start somewhere ;0)

Last edited:

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
After a proper update of the T8-S Plus if you factory reset the box you will still remain on 1.0.1 and you wont be reverted back to the firmware when the box was shipped.
If the OTA goes wrong then box will not update and upon going back to home screen and then OTA update app, it will show available update.

1: Yes you just clear data on Kodi and reinstall wookie wizard and if there is any update that will be applied, that is the general method.
wookie wizard will be still there (in system>addons>installfrom zip file) if you are using kodi from droidbox. If you are using Kodi from other sources like playstore then wookie wizard will be deleted after clearing data and you will need to add and install to File Manager option as shown in the below video:

2: In OpeENEC side you only has Kodi which it opens up by default every time. If you go onto system option you will see a Dropdown with OpenELEC option. Click on OpenELEC >System> you will see there are restore option. You can reset OpenELEC options that will do the trick.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Great stuff , all good steer will revist ... however more questions if you dont mind. . Just need a bit more context for my understanding. Why is a reset the steer ? wont that just restore to the shipped firmware version , is'nt the objective an updated build . Are you saying reset then follow OTA update again to get 1.01 because something has gone wrong ?

Also and slightly related to updating. Wookie RSS feed suggests small update available. None of my searches spell out steps to update, only to install. Happy with choice of wizard so keen to update accross both boots. To plug the holes in my understanding of the process have the following further questions 1) do you simply clear data on the Kodi app via lollipop like normal then go into Kodi and then re install from zip as per the BAU process on the SAME http address ( ie the update is done on their end and there are is no visible change to the address ) , or is there an easier option via configure program add on where update is an option (currently not highlighted) or is the Wookie add on still there after a clear data and you simply re-run ? 2) In Open Elec you clearly can't clear the Kodi app's data so do you simply re-run the Wookie version of choice effectively over the one already installed , in my case now keen to run Apple over New Look ?

I appreciate this might all be beginner stuff but guess you have to start somewhere ;0)
Hi

A lot of questions and here are the answers:

1-Clear data resets Kodi(XBMC) on android,and once that is done Kodi setup is back to default.
2-openELEC is special OS designed to run Kodi(XBMC) only,and it can be reset by going under system>openELEC>system>reset openELEC settings to default.This will have similar effect that clear data on android have!
3-Wookie wizard,as any other one updates itself automatically once its installed.
4-If you do factory reset,either from android side or recovery menu,android is always returned to default to the latest firmware version,so reverting firmware back to previous version is not possible.
5-When it comes to Wookie packs please use Wookie lite pack,its new,it contains best add on selection,not a large download and it is fast when it comes to updates.Fusion is built in with it so installing additional add ons is much more easier than before.
6-Also for everyone that is interested in properly updating T8-S Plus model please read below.

Please run OTA updater and update your box.

If you are having ethernet cable conencted,please either use wifi for update or in top right corner options tick off wifi so download could start.

After downloading and applying of new ROM is done reboot is required.

If google play store still does not work that simply means that update was not applied fully so you can do factory reset and once that is done update will work in its best and google play store will work.

Also sometimes if updating was not done properly you will have to clear data on OTA updater app and try again.

IF applying new ROM was not done properly,you can always do factory reset just to make sure that everything is running smoothly!

This is sample how its done for Kodi(XBMC) app,and instead of Kodi(XBMC),simply apply this to OTA updater if you experience problems with it!

Clear Data On XBMC/Kodi

Here is how to:
Go into Settings>Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen .
OR
Settings> Other>More Settings> Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen.

RiffRaff

Jan 18, 2015
Have been trying for ages to try to get OTA to update but no joy - "Error fetching info: this ROM has not had any released versions yet". Have tried removing ethernet cable and doing it by wifi, first clearing cache and factory reset using the recommended instructions in the video, but no joy with OTA. Have also tried Clear Data on XBMC app as mentioned above, but still no luck. When I do clear the cache/ wipe the data through the factory reset, in both cases it says "Cannot load volume /misc!". Could this possibly be the issue? Thanks.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Have been trying for ages to try to get OTA to update but no joy - "Error fetching info: this ROM has not had any released versions yet". Have tried removing ethernet cable and doing it by wifi, first clearing cache and factory reset using the recommended instructions in the video, but no joy with OTA. Have also tried Clear Data on XBMC app as mentioned above, but still no luck. When I do clear the cache/ wipe the data through the factory reset, in both cases it says "Cannot load volume /misc!". Could this possibly be the issue? Thanks.
Hi

Regarding to this problem please email us at [email protected] and we will move from there!

Regards

tommpd

Dec 29, 2014
Yes, i have the same problem.Ran the OTA ,let it download and still wont let me into play store . Done a factory reset and rerun OTA and is coming up with the same message as RiffRaff above. Got this box before christmas and decided to wait until now for any bugs to get sorted before trying it. What am i doing wrong? Can someone please help me?

tommpd

Dec 29, 2014
OK. After playing round I have managed to get into playstore. What I did was to go into Gmail and sign in from there and this let me into playstore automatically. Think it was that I have more than one goggle accounts and I put in my primary account. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem

Reactions: ChrisM and 8bitDev