Vegas

Apr 14, 2016
I did the ota update and changed to 1.04. Was the update meant to change kodi to Jarvis ? If so mine didn't work. How do I update it now pls. Secondly I seem to now have 2 seperate builds running on my t8+ 1 on kodi and 1 on dbmc is this gonna cause me problems. Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Openelec will not be updated it will still be 15.2
Android should now be jarvis 16.

Openelec has its own kodi.
On Android you can have many versions of kodi co-existing e.g. offical kodi, dbmc (droidboxes customised version), spmc etc.
You only need 1 version on android unless you have good reasons (some people like to have different versions ). they will take up space so put your addons on the one of your choice and delete the other.

Reactions: Vegas

Vegas

Apr 14, 2016
Android is still 15.2 and I haven't been able to use openelec at all as it gets stuck in it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So when you click on dbmc. And go to the system info tab what does it say in build (at bottom of screen)

Vegas

Apr 14, 2016
Dbmc 16.1-2 so I assume this is now updated but do I need to change kodi to Jarvis or not please. Also do I need to delete in apps dbmc 15.2 as it is still there ?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So you have Jarvis on droidbox's version of Kodi (dbmc).
That should be enough?

It is up to you, but unless you are planning on running 3 versions of Kodi, I would delete what sounds like a version of vanilla official Kodi, the one on 15.2. Also delete dbmc 15.2.

If you really want to update your official vanilla Kodi to Jarvis you could do it via Google play store or the official Kodi download website. But why would you want to do that?

Reactions: angela and ChrisM