m adams

Jan 24, 2016
Hi all
Going to do the new ota update,and also want to upgrade to kodi 16 at the same time.am I right in thinking that I have to unintelligible my old kodi before proceeding with the ota update, and kodi16 is automatically installed during the update???
Thanks in advance

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
From the release instructions;

Please note if you would like to have 16.1 RC2 of Kodi installed, you'll need to uninstall your current version first. To do so, please click the two Settings cogs in the middle of your homescreen.

m adams

Jan 24, 2016
From the release instructions;

Please note if you would like to have 16.1 RC2 of Kodi installed, you'll need to uninstall your current version first. To do so, please click the two Settings cogs in the middle of your homescreen.
Thanks for that,but do I unintelligible it before I do the ota update???????

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would. The firmware update will give you the new version anyway. If all fails you can download it from google play or the latest version from either official kodi or droidbox. Just remember you will have to reinstall your addons.

Reactions: m adams

m adams

Jan 24, 2016
thanks,one last question is it best to delete data and cache when asked to on the ota updater
thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would generally. Although if you've uninstalled kodi, probably not important in this case. There are some cases where the firmware release will not be replacing kodi so in those cases you may not want to delete data as you would lose your current addon set up.

Reactions: ChrisM