Pjack25

Nov 12, 2015
hi, I'm fairly new to the TS-8 box. I am getting a "there was an error with the download" message whilst attempting to update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5. Not sure if this is related but this has occurred following me adding an Sata hdd and attempting to install it. can any one out there offer some advice please? Thank you.

Pjack25

Nov 12, 2015
hi thanks for the advice
However I have tried the blog and the error download message still appears and I remain on 1.1.2 version.
I have not ran the November update although I am unsure if this is done automatically? If there is anything else I should try I would appreciate any further advice. Incidentally I am trying to update to 1.1.5 as part of the process to get my ts-8 box to recognise my sata hdd I fitted yesterday; at the moment it is just recognising it as a usb device.
Cheers pjack

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With regards to the hard drive, is the format hard drive option missing?

Can I double check if you're using the OTA Updater application, as the file linked to on that post if for T8 devices, rather than T8-S?

Pjack25

Nov 12, 2015
Hi, no the format hd option is not missing; I have formatted in openelec but back on android in settings it is still showing as 5gb free space with the 1tb hdd showing as a usb.
Incidentally I deleted the kodi 15 app that I may have unknowingly downloaded previously, freed up space and then the ota updated fine from 1.1.2 to 1.1.5. I will have a look through the forums at the weekend on what next to do with the hdd. Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated. Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
That's correct with the hard drive, it isn't treated as internal storage (see my T8-S screenshot below). Yet.

upload_2015-11-19_18-22-38.png

I don't want to make any promises as proper testing needs to be completed, but there is the strong possibility that an OTA update for the T8-S will allow the hard drive to be combined with the original internal storage and be usable for installing apps onto easily.

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
Hello Jack,

I hope you are following the blog post on updating the box, if not please check it here:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8t8-s-ota-update-12-11-2015/

Also i would like to inform you that if you already updated your T8-S box with our November update then if you are again trying to do the OTA update it will show the error.

Hope hat helps.
How important is updating firmware as I have a pre June 15 T8 and am fed up install Kodi, wookie etc,. Will it wipe all data and have to be installed again? The link from to the T8 download software above takes me to an app called 'mega', is this correct and will I get file from there! Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you update using the OTA updater..Yes you will have to load everything again.
Unless you back it up 1st, as you need to select the clear data at the end for it to install properly..And to keep your box running well its worth it.

Reactions: azabhoy

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
If you update using the OTA updater..Yes you will have to load everything again.
Unless you back it up 1st, as you need to select the clear data at the end for it to install properly..And to keep your box running well its worth it.
David where do I run the update from. I have it in Dropbox. Do I run it from android or Kodi? I can't find a video on you tube! Can you provide a screenshot of location on T8 box. Cheers

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
If I put file on sd card and open updater will it recognise it and run from there?

Do I have to delete wookie and Kodi data or can I keep it

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Yes put it on sd card,go to your settings>other>click system update and follow the instructions from the link

L21zKGWI7xVNAX.jpg

Reactions: azabhoy

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
Thanx for all your help. How easy was that. When you know how. You must get fed up with the same questions! Appreciated.

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
Didnt need to back up, Updated Firmware and Wookie and Apps still there! Thanks for your help. Appreciated.