Droner

Jul 10, 2016
Hi, I'm a newbie, so please be gentle! I have 2 identical OTT T95 TV boxes, one purchased from Gearbest, the other from a Wholesaler. The issue is with wifi download speeds on the one from GB. To test, I have them both connected to the same TV, same wireless network. When connected via LAN cable, they both have download speeds around 24Mbps, which is about the max for my VDSL broadband connection. When connected wireless, the one from GB gets a unusable 1 - 2 Mbps, while the other gets up to 20 Mbps? Is the wifi adapter pooched on the GB one? It's brand new? Any ideas if or how I can fix it? Cheers!.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Something like this MAY solve your issue easily, it worked fine on a MXQ box a friend had who WiFi was same as yours
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-USB-15...TWORK-DONGLE-ADAPTER-/400773817250?nav=SEARCH
Your boxes may look identical but it's a good bet that the gearbest one has different WiFi adaptor/chipset inside or poss just cheaper components, a common issue on them is the WiFi 'antenna' wire was cross soldered onto the base board causing the short range issue! Good info about this on lots different boxes/sticks on the FreakTab forums with fix instructions should you want go that route of opening your box up! But for £4 I'd try a punt at the easy route! ;)

Reactions: angela

Droner

Jul 10, 2016
Thanks very much for the quick response! I've ordered the dongle and we'll see what happens when it arrives. I did open up the T95 and it does appear that the WiFi antenna wire has been "over soldered" GB has agreed to ship out a new one, but the last one took a month to get here to New Zealand! I'll post th results of it's speeb test when I receive it. Thanks again for the great suggestion!

Cheers,

Droner

Jul 10, 2016
Well, the new box finally arrived from GB, but alas, same Wifi issue! I also purchased the USB adapter you recommended above, but unsure how to make it work on the T95? It certainly isn't plug and play situation. How do I disable the on board wifi card? Do I need some other system drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!