Tampa

Oct 8, 2015
Hi guys. Very new user with good(ish) tech knowledge. However...

Link on home screen to Play Store asks me to login... It says Cannot login and directs me to web browser to login (by clicking NEXT). Go to that page and login ok. It then stays on my acct overview page. If I go back to home screen it all happens again if I click on Play Store login... Discuss :(

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could try clearing cache and see if that works. If not, then try and clear data.
To do this, go to android - settings - apps.
Click on play store.
You'll see an option to clear cache.
Try that first.
If it doesn't work go back in and see if clear data works.

If that doesn't work, suggests you try and google the problem e.g. " play store cannot log in". I've seen several responses to similar problems so there will probably be more things to try if the above fails.

bigearth

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you need to clear cache, Almost everytime that's the problem.
If not, first wait a lil bit, maybe they have their own problems, that is also possibility.
If not, then do what Nigelar said...
Let us know did you fix it when you are done....

Tampa

Oct 8, 2015
I couldn't get it fixed - so I created a new acct and now all fine?!? I guess it's something to do with existing accts?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Clearing the play services and store data might help next time, should it ever reoccur. Settings>Other>More Settings>Apps>scroll to the far right, so the list is titled ALL, not Installed or Running. Google Play services>Manage Space>Clear All Data . Not sure if you'd still need to go back to Google Play Store's entry and clear data there as well.