roggerio321

Dec 19, 2014
Could someone advise me how to play movie files from a USB stick plugged into the back of the droidbox? I've gone to Video -> Files and tried browsing for the USB stick but I can't find it anywhere (I've looked under external storage, mnt, etc). My USB stick is FAT32 formatted, is there something I need to enable somewhere to get XBMC to recognise the USB stick?

cheers...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you look on the bottom of your X7 please, and let me know what the sticker says? There are a few different versions of the X7, hopefully I've got one of the type you have and we can check the path USB devices will take.
To double check it is working OK, open up the ES File Manager application (outside of XBMC) and expand the LOCAL menu on the left. Something like SDA1 should be displayed towards the bottom of that section, possibly with a little eject icon. Click the link (not eject!) to the device and make sure you can see the files. You can play them from here using MX Player if you like.
If they do appear, go back/up one directory at a time (until you reach the root / ) to find out where in your filesystem that shortcut took you. You should then be able to follow the same path (in reverse) within XBMC. If not, let me know the info on your sticker and I'll duplicate your set up.

roggerio321

Dec 19, 2014
Can you look on the bottom of your X7 please, and let me know what the sticker says? There are a few different versions of the X7, hopefully I've got one of the type you have and we can check the path USB devices will take.
To double check it is working OK, open up the ES File Manager application (outside of XBMC) and expand the LOCAL menu on the left. Something like SDA1 should be displayed towards the bottom of that section, possibly with a little eject icon. Click the link (not eject!) to the device and make sure you can see the files. You can play them from here using MX Player if you like.
If they do appear, go back/up one directory at a time (until you reach the root / ) to find out where in your filesystem that shortcut took you. You should then be able to follow the same path (in reverse) within XBMC. If not, let me know the info on your sticker and I'll duplicate your set up.

The sticker on the back of my droidbox says "X7 Ultimate".

When I log into ES File Manager I can see "USB2009" (whcih is my USB stick) but when it click it I get a message saying that the format is not supported and that it only supports "FAT32" now.

If I plug the USB stick into my PC it says that the format is "exFAT" - and if I try to reformat it the only options are "exFAT (default)" and "NTFS".

So it sounds like it's something to do with the format of my USB stick...any ideas what I need to do to resolve this?!

Alfieboy

Jul 5, 2015
Hi Guys can somebody help me to sort my download problem out . I've followed all instructions on es downloader for download path , my usb is a sand disc cruzer blade 32 gb . But having no joy at all on downloads , just can't download anything at all