David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thanks Dave, the device is playing very well. The only thing I've noticed is play back through HDMI set at 1080 @60 hz is not as smooth as the T8-S. When I change it to 720 it's as good...great little device and battery life...well it just keeps going.

Dave S

Reactions: Sal

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The PlayOn has a slower processor so it may struggle with 1080p60Hz with the more higher demanding games and emulators. I tried a few games yesterday while recording some footage and there is a bit of slowdown when using HDMI when compared to using it without HDMI. The battery life is great, one of the impressive features of the handheld.

We will have info on upgrading the firmware hopefully by the end of this week. We are testing it all at the moment.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Thanks I'm just waiting for droidbox to get back. Is your box from droidbox as I've had mine since Xmas. It's running well and got the latest kodi biuld running sweet as well as a few more.
Just after 10 mins I get the bell sound saying it needs updating. Thanks for the offer.

Technolol

Mar 27, 2015
We will have further information on how to install the update soon. The method to install the update from the built in app is not very good, so we will provide information to do it another way with the latest firmware.
Any news on updating the play on