NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
ok so on the help video it says click videos then addons then install droidboxwizard. Another video says install wookiewizard. I dont have ether of these things on this box. I have spent hours getting angry because no videos look like my box and i have none of the stuff they have on theirs. They say click this addon and i dont have it i dont understand why they have it and i dont.

Can anyone help or should i send this back get my money back and just use my fire stick?

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
So I have intalled wookie, was on it for 30 mins and couldnt find 1 stream of latest films.

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
anyone know why when i load wookie it takes me straight back to the Droidbox overview?

Yeah so now it crashes to the desktop every time i load DBMC. Restarted it a few times now and does the same thing. Are the any stable addons i can use to watch the latest films that work crash this box or say 'failed to load stream' ?

Also i cant get into DBMC at all now. Do i have a faulty box?

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you ensured isp controls are unset. There are guides on here. Check who you isp is and search in the how to section of the web site or this forum.

I don't have access to kodi right now to check but check the phoenix addon is usually very reliable.
Some addons are blocked by isps in the uk - sometimes you need to type in amended urls.

Btw when you say "droidbox overview" do you mean the droidbox home page/launcher?

In my experience of building several machines, it takes a few goes to get dbmc/kodi to stick.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok focus on dbmc first. Probably best to start afresh. Go to android settings - apps - dbmc. Stop the app. Clear data and cache. Now see if dbmc will open. If ok, try the wookie installation process again (dont forget to check the isp blocking piece).

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
Im with BT internet, can you link to the page with the info on the ISP and the fixes.

I have cleared it but still does it so im going to factory reset the box next but been at this for 5 hours so might have a rest.

thank you for you help btw :)

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you factory reset, you'll need to revisit this forum in the Browser app on your DroidBOX device, as the BT Smart Setup procedure on your modem will need to be completed again.

If you stick with Wookie's main packs, use the KODI application, rather than DBMC, as last I checked, they hadn't fixed the compatibility back again.

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
Okies thanks for all your help guys im going to get back on it in the morning and will post good news hopefully.

yeah DBMC wont even open any more so its a factory reset or just use the KODI app. Can i run Exodus and Phoenix at the same time or should i say loaded on the same kodi app?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
One addon at a time - that applies to all Addons. You will be streaming from one anyway and that will mean there is no purpose in accessing any other Addons at the same time.

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
Hi all, after giving it another go today, My router has no parental controls its a few years old so dont think it has it and none of the videos look like my hub.

Also the video you linked he gets a pop up when he clicked on the browser in the droidbox. I click explorer and can search for anything on it and do not get the pop up.

NiteOwl

Dec 16, 2016
think i have home hub 3. hub 4 has parental controls but mine dont have it anywhere in the settings