jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
since Friday I've been unable to use my T8s box, when the box boot on android and I click the xbmc it does the preparing for first run, please wait, after that it goes back to the home page and if I click on the xbmc again it goes just blank, nothing is working, then when i switch to openelec, it open up, the. A message comes up like OPEN ELEC DEV UPDATE, saying a more recent update is available:20776 (10 Aug 15) current build 20776 (07 Aug 15) show build available to install, I've tried to install this update, it just get stalk in extracting something at 36%, if I clear the whole thing, nothing still work, I've previously asked for help, can I know what's going on and what to do next

colrob1

May 29, 2015
I did the same as you mate , mine is now stuck on the openelec logo and even after factory reset it does the same thing . Is there any support for these boxes ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
jaytee can you check your memory in setting, other, more setting and then storage if its low delete something and then try. These boxes don't have a lot of memory and when they get low can cause problems with apps opening.
Hope this works

Dave

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks Dave, I've just checked the storage and available is 12.00kb, how do I delete and what should I delete

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks a lot Dave, I've kinda deleted 2 apps that I feel I don't need, and it seems like it's working now, but the openelec still acting up coming up with scrip failure raspitory update failure or so, also I just want to watch TV with my box nothing else, what can you surges to I delete more, like I said the openelec one is still not working,

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you go to the ES file Explorer and on your left click on tools, and here run the SD card Analyser and this will show how it been taken up. There should be one at the top taken up in android this is the wizard mics files....you can delete this, but when you go into Kodi you will have to rerun the wizard. So before you delete this make sure you have it. Run the Modded one too as it doesn't take up as much as the Kodi one.
Delete down loads empty the recycle bin too.... and I've even gone into apps I don't need and clear the data to free up space. To do the you need to go to setting, other, more setting and then apps. Go it to the ones you don't use and clear data, also delete apps you don't need, but are available in the droidbox store. So if you need them they can be re-installed. Hope this helps and enjoy....

Dave

Last edited:

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
I think I've done something wrong, I deleted the android file on the SD analyser and when I went into xbmc, nothing comes up again

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
I've just gone back in and I'm re running the Wizards now, but I need to delete the openelec and re run it too, because. That is not working too

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
It loads up and a message comes up saying something like an update, then if I go into the app , they don't come up, try to go into wookie, it comes up saying something like an error message

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Also I've rerun the xbmc wizard and after the first time run, came back blank again, before I deleted the android file, it was working, but now it's back to the same old way

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Doesn't sound right, this is probably why openelec not working. Its getting late and I no this can get frustrating as I to have been busy with an update I did on my T8s witch caused a lot of problems.
I personally would go to setting,other and more settings then apps and scroll down to Kodi, click here and see how much memory it using if its loads force stop and then clear data then restart your box and go in and re-run the wizard. If you find you have more problems and if you are not busy in the morning you could use live chat witch is on our main site the link is here and then the green box with message or chat in.
When you get sorted it worth keeping an eye in storage as it soon fills up. Hope this helps and good luck
https://v2.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?key=2NO6FW3IK75C0jYxOdnE8uwgUep8it0i&mid=undefined&lang=en-US&hostname=droidbox.co.uk&api_calls=[["setStatus",[null]]]
This link takes you to live chat and is office hours only..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
When you delete anything in ES file Explorer it tells you its gone to the recycle bin ( it should do ), that might be why its full if you never emptied it. Have a look, then delete it and start again. If you run it problems use the link above if you can.
The recycle bin is in the tools part in ES file explorer....
Dave

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Morning Dave,
It was very frustrating last night, trying to get it work, I couldn't find the solution, the wizard was not downloading right, I'm at work at the moment and hopefully when I get home, I'll take a look again, I guess the best is to start from when I just got the box new, I just think with that I could re install everything from the scratch again

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You could do a factory reset, but please check the recycle bin as that's where it's all gone so when you delete this you should be ok. Yes it can get frustrating I've been tested the last 4 days, hopefully this should sort you out and keep an eye on your memory and clear cache often too.

Dave

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help, i end up using the live chat and the guys were able to help, reboot and re install the wookie wizard, it's perfectly working now
i think i wont bother with openelec any longer as that we'll take so much space could end up with memory problem