Spicytony

Aug 22, 2014
i have another problem now had a power cut,rebooted the box a few times but will not go past the flashing colour dots page
went into the recovery page factory reset followed the recovery procedure icon spinning rebooted ok now i am back to the flashing dots
it as been over an hour now and still no joy,what do i do next
(used dbx_18042014_ota_.zip)
also the automatic upgrade loaded ok but every time i turned of the box,and restarted, it did the upgrade again,? had to leave box on other wise i would loose the new app i put on etc BBC MEDIA Player
take no futher action for the first part managed to get my box working,did another factory reset waited for a good 30 min before clicking anything worked i am glad to say
second part unsure as to switching of the box dont want to loose the apps i have installed ?

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The next time you reboot, make sure you've removed the SD card or USB device with the recovery/firmware files on it. Once it has booted up, leave it 20 minutes to be sure, then check if your apps are still there. Assuming they are, you can remove the firmware/recovery files from your USB device or memory card, and put them back in your iMX6 if you want to.