Scimmino

Mar 12, 2016
Hi Folks,
Sometimes my T8 overheats and the playback gets jittery (mainly on a high quality acestream). At the moment I have it sitting on top of a laptop cooler. Is there power on the motherboard to add a fan to the system to allow for active cooling?
Also is there a guide anywhere about removing the heatsink and adding a new one?
Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You could probably pull 5 volts from the USB socket's connections on the motherboard. Obviously it would invalidate your warranty, so this isn't official advice, just a thought from me. Do you know how much current the fan will pull at peak? If it is below 500mA then I think you should be OK. If you do have any warranty left, please do e-mail us with your order ID.
Regarding removing the heatsink and installing a new one, this is for a similar device in a circular case, but they may have practical advice regarding removing the original thermal pad etc. - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...-case-modding-show-your-mod-s-to-cool-it-down

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Hi Folks,
Sometimes my T8 overheats and the playback gets jittery (mainly on a high quality acestream). At the moment I have it sitting on top of a laptop cooler. Is there power on the motherboard to add a fan to the system to allow for active cooling?
Also is there a guide anywhere about removing the heatsink and adding a new one?
Thanks
I had an overheating problem with my Onkyo receiver. I bought a £7 USB fan from Amazon which is pointing at the receiver air vents and switches on and off with the receiver. No problem now.