Morganator

Oct 10, 2017
Hi all hope you can help, made a mistake installed the newest firmware to my droid box following the instructions provided. To then find during a reboot i installed the wrong version :mad: i installed the plus v1 instead of the t8-s v1. So followed the steps again but with the correct zip file. Im able to boot into recovery ok and the firmware installs all fine and factory resets fine but when you reboot the device from the recovery command its stuck with the droidbox logo on screen and it says boot on the box led screen.

So my question is what do i do next? Dont think ive hard bricked it but got it stuck in limbo.

Many Thanks for your help. Here are some screenshots of me installing the wrong firmware followed by installing the correct firmware:

Morganator

Oct 10, 2017
Problem solved 're installed the correct firmware and another factory wipe and boot up perfect now. Quick question when you have to leave the Android dashboard on for 15-20 mins while it updates apps. How do you know when it's done? Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi if you have waited between 15-20 mins for the stock apps to install you are safe to open any apps you please to.

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Problem solved 're installed the correct firmware and another factory wipe and boot up perfect now. Quick question when you have to leave the Android dashboard on for 15-20 mins while it updates apps. How do you know when it's done? Thanks
Hi

This can depend on which apps you are updating and from where.Loading apps before boot usually runs in a few seconds.Updating from google play store may vary on your settings and preference set while it can also depend on amount of apps that you have and internet speed.

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
They are referring to applications automatically installing after a factory reset I believe. Can be as fast as five minutes, can take 15-20, depending on the hardware (speed) and firmware (amount of apps).

15-20 minute pause gives it plenty of time. You can also open up the app drawer (circle with six dots), and scroll to the end. As a new application is installed, the list jumps back to the top, and if you scroll to the bottom again, the last icon will have been pushed one place to the right.