Metal Slugger

Jul 8, 2016
I have an issue with a new "mini m8spro" box. It runs on a 5.1.1 Lolipop-based OS. I have two TVs. it works perfectly on my 5 year-old Samsung, but on my Sony Bravia of a similar age, the picture randomly goes black or completely changes colours at unpredictable times and I have to re-plug the HDMI cable to fix it, but then it just happens again a short while later. I have tried different HDMI cables, and different resolutions/refresh rates in the boxes' config. Both TVs are capable of 1080p/60hz. I can only guess it's an HDMI incompatibility of some kind between the box and the Bravia. Has anyone else had similar issues? Cheers
This the exact box I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201595244912

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You should be able to drop the display resolution on the android box (you can on boxes supplied by Droidbox). Drop the resolution and experiment until you find something more stable. You may have to compromise on quality to get something watchable.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
10 year old and 18ish month (release, not purchase) old Bravia sets working/worked fine at this end (just so as to not unjustly tarnish Sony's reputation!)

You don't happen to have a Sky box connected to the Sony TV, perhaps with an HDMI switch? If you do, disconnect the Sky box temporarily, reboot the TV and DroidBOX, see how it fares.

Metal Slugger

Jul 8, 2016
Thanks for the replies guys, I have tried all of the above to no avail. It still works perfectly on my Samsung but the issue on the Bravia still occurs. I have tried every HDMI slot on the TV, I have tried every possible resolution setting on the Android box including all 50/60hz frequencies and progressive/interleaved settings. It's not going through any switches or boxes. The one thing I have confirmed since my initial post is that I don't think the strange colours are being transmitted by the Android box. I have found the fastest way to fix it when it happens is simply change to any another HDMI channel with my TV remote and straight bock to the Android box channel. That fixes it immediately (until it happens again). Something to do with re-establishing the initial HDMI hand-shake between the box and the TV sorts it out. But as you can imagine having to keep doing this is a pain!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Think it might be time to either check with Sony (who probably won't be too interested, but could hopefully check if there is any sort of firmware update available for the TV) and/or duvissontech from eBay. Not come across that seller before, fingers crossed their tech support have come across this sort of issue with their hardware, and have a fix.

frank balb

Jul 30, 2016
i am having somewhat a simulir issue. i have a SHARP AQUOS (smart tv LED) 70inch only 3 yrs old connected my MQX S805 and after a few minutes it caused my tv to reboot. i was watching a movie that was 1hr 53min long and in that time it rebooted like 10 times drove me crazy! i disconnected the box and began watching regular tv and no reboot. can anyone tell me what is the reason for this issue and can it be fixed? thanks for any guidance in this matter

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think if you have tried the solutions mentioned above your only recourse is to contact Sharp and/or the box supplier to see if they can help. Maybe google the problem to see if anyone else has had it with that particular set up.

frank balb

Jul 30, 2016
yeah i have tried all possible solutions:
-factory reset the box
-checked tv firmware "its up to date"
-called tv manufacture, they have never heard of my issue before
after doing all the that i reconnect the box and within the first 5min of watching a movie
the box locked out my tv controls??? i couldnt turn the volume up or down, nor change the input (using tv remote)
but as soon i turned the box off, the tv regained its control how is it that the box is sending signals that is messing with my tv like this?
and it is only happening with my big tv which is why i got this box in the first place....fml!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What does the android box supplier say? I don't think Droidbox do an "Mxq s805" so I doubt a call to Droidbox support would help (if it is a Droidbox I would definitely recommend contacting them to see what they say). A further trawl of the Internet shows that this problem does seem to occur with certain types of TV. See this

http://androidforums.com/threads/m8-tv-box-making-tv-unresponsive.939773/

Often LG TVs are mentioned in the threads as particular problem sets.

Also see this - it may be a firmware issue with some types of android box.

http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2292